Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut TIM is great!

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
Recently bought the thermal grizzly's kryonaut to cool my 2700x. It's damn good!

2700x all core 4.2Ghz OC at 1.26v under load is cooled by Corsair h100x. The max CPU tdie used to reach 74c under load and now it doesn't cross 68c.

On default 3.7Ghz with CPB + PBO, it boosts to do 4.1Ghz all core at 1.22v under load. Max CPU tdie in this case used to reach 71c but goes uptil 64-65 max now.

On the GTX 1050ti, max temp under load is down by 8-9c when OC'ed to 1900Mh 4000Mhz core and memory respectively.

I wasn't expecting a 7-8c drop just by changing TIM. The previous TIM on h100x was pre-applied.

I got the 5.5 gram tube for 1400 from Amazon UK. 900 for 1 gram here is just mad.

Max temps are under OCCT stress test with small data set. Board is MSI b450 tomahawk max.

Last edited:
Thermal grizzly isn't yet common compared to traditional AS5 etc. I was aware about grizzly since 3 yrs but it was only available in UK and US then. A friend managed to buy it on ebay in 2018 and it worked wonder. There's one more known as IC diamond its also one hell of a tim and it lasts longer than all tims.

I bought a 1gm tube of Kryonaut for 900 bucks from mdcomputers when I bought my 3900X. Tried to apply it with the included applicator but messed it up and went back to my trusty Noctua NT-H1. Its too sticky almost like cement and resisted my usual X pattern no matter how much I tried.

What kind of crappy TIM is Corsair using? 6C delta with Kryonaut is insane.

I really like the Carbonaut though. No hassles at all for a 2-3C degradation as per GamerNexus.

I bought a 1gm tube of Kryonaut for 900 bucks from mdcomputers when I bought my 3900X. Tried to apply it with the included applicator but messed it up and went back to my trusty Noctua NT-H1. Its too sticky almost like cement and resisted my usual X pattern no matter how much I tried.

What kind of crappy TIM is Corsair using? 6C delta with Kryonaut is insane.

I really like the Carbonaut though. No hassles at all for a 2-3C degradation as per GamerNexus.
there were a few comments on reddit about people facing difficulty applying it, so I was a little concerned while buying but I found the application fairly easy.

I gently applied pressure while running the applicator across the IHS. I had a thin layer covering the entire IHS. It was definitely thicker than the white CM mastergel I had before.

Maybe the tube you got had dried out possibly.

Corsair TIM was pure junk.

there were a few comments on reddit about people facing difficulty applying it, so I was a little concerned while buying but I found the application fairly easy.

I gently applied pressure while running the applicator across the IHS. I had a thin layer covering the entire IHS. It was definitely thicker than the white CM mastergel I had before.

Maybe the tube you got had dried out possibly.

Corsair TIM was pure junk.
I used to follow the manual spread or pea technique before with my previous Intel 4670k and Ryzen 1700 builds but with Zen 2 chiplet based CPUs I started using X pattern and then depending on the heatsink to sort it out as the chiplets are not positioned bang center of the IHS any more.

But maybe I got an old dried out batch since its a very low-selling item.

Back