PC Peripherals Thermal paste availability in Kolkata?

smdeep

Recruit
Hi
Could someone guide me? I need good quality thermal paste for my laptop. The fan is not working at optimal speed and there is a greyish substance loose inside the laptop. I opened it and cleaned the loose particles.

I need to get good quality thermal paste. Please suggest a brand and availability in Kolkata.

Thanks in advance

order it from primeabgb.com or amarbir from lynx store.

amarbir has gelid gc-1 thermal compund which is really good. also tuniq tx-2 available for 150 rs is good enough and is used by many people here.

You can order Sunbeamtech's Tuniq TX-2 from Prime ABGB (Mumbai). I order it from Kolkata and the thing ships in 1-2 days flat. Prime have very fast shipping and it reaches Kolkata in a jiffy. I've ordered many products with them.

You will only find Cooler Master thermal compounds in Kolkata locally. If you want that then you can head to shops like Vedant, MD Computers on Ganesh Chandra Avenue and they sell it. But I suggest Tuniq TX-2 from Prime.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. One more question. Should I get a thermal paste remover too?

Because there is dried paste there on the laptop part.

Black_Hawk said:
You can order Sunbeamtech's Tuniq TX-2 from Prime ABGB (Mumbai). I order it from Kolkata and the thing ships in 1-2 days flat. Prime have very fast shipping and it reaches Kolkata in a jiffy. I've ordered many products with them.

You will only find Cooler Master thermal compounds in Kolkata locally. If you want that then you can head to shops like Vedant, MD Computers on Ganesh Chandra Avenue and they sell it. But I suggest Tuniq TX-2 from Prime.

+1.
about the thermal compound remover.
if you can arrange isopropyl alcohol from a local chemist shop then it'll do as the thermal compound remover is nothing but isopropyl alchol in different ratios..

go for isopropyl alcohol anyday--no need to spend so much on other stuff--even people who test heatsinks--frostytech use isopropyl alcohol---you get 500ml for 30rs.

naveen58 said:
about the thermal compound remover.
if you can arrange isopropyl alcohol from a local chemist shop then it'll do as the thermal compound remover is nothing but isopropyl alchol in different ratios..

Yes, Isopropyl Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) will do great. 25 bucks for a 100ml bottle. :D

Hi Guys

Need a bit more help on this topic. I have a Vaio CR laptop, which has given me nothing but trouble once the warranty expired!

At this moment the fan does not work optimally and it most probably due to thermal paste failure. A friend of mine who knows about hardware came over and checked the laptop. It seems in certain aread it is not paste but a soft pad like compound.

My question is I searched primeabgb but could not locate any thermal pad or such like compound.

Is something like this available? Or do I have to go back to the stupid Sony Service center and be fleeced.

IMHO it is something like this:

Thermal Pads,Thermally Conductive Pads/heat pads Manufacturer - AOK

Thanks in advance

Please help me here!

Back