OC & Modding thermal paste for laptop cpu

net

Disciple
Since its not an overclocking issue, but I still need cooling stuff, as my laptop heatsink giving problem and cpu getting high in an hour usage.

What kind of thermal paste should i buy and do i have to use all of it in 1 go?

I have checked on ebay, there are thermal pastes by coolermatsr in range of 160 to 600 INR, which one is better and how is it applicable? do I have to clean the heatsink nicely before applying thermal paste or just lubricate it with paste as it is.

Thanks in advance for guidances.

Anything that works for the desktop processor works fine. The laptop processor has an exposed core unlike modern desktop processors which has an IHS (internal heat spreader) the copper plate on top of the core. Do not empty the entire tube in a single go. A rice grain worth drop is all that is required. A google search would illustrate the process with pics.

And while you are at it, clean those vents of your laptop exhaust. It would be clogged with dust. Clean the fan blades using a toothbrush and do not use a handheld blower or a vacuum cleaner blower - that'd damage it.

Top laptop vendors are using thermal materials from LAIRD or Bergquist , for the best result use a arctic silver , also thermal PAD (blue or grey) also to be replaced with new with the precise thickness & size. Finally a top quality Active laptop cooling pad is highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back