CPU/Mobo Thermal Paste query?

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Hey guys I want to buy a suitable CPU-paste for myself from S.P. Road, any help regarding this matter appreciated .

CPU's are --

AMD Phenom IIx4 965 on Cooler Master Hyper 212+,

iNTEL cORE I7 930 ON STOCK.

Here are a few prices I already know, courtesy Golccha computers

Cooler Master silicone based ~ 125/-

Tuniq TX 2 ~ 400/-

Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 ~ 600/- with a spatula :eek:hyeah:

Arctic Silver 5 ~ 500/-

Arctic Silver Thermal Matrix ~ 400/-

please pour in your suggestions with pricing and availability, better if available locally as plan to buy on thursday.

Okay so shortlisted the TX 2 and Arctic Silver 5 may the best deal win, thanks guys and keep coming up with suggestions. It is great to sometimes post threads instead of answering them, feels great to be part of this TE-family.

karizma.r2008 said:
Cooler Master silicone based.

anything above that will lower max to max 3-4*c. if you have money to spend go for tuniq tx2
I used the Cooler Master HTK 002 ~ 125/-, performance is not satisfactory in my views.

thermal fusion 400 is the best.....among those....stay away from AS5...also if you can then look for ice fusion....should be in the range of 500 bucks.....goes very well with AMD proccies...

Take care with the AS-5 paste.

Its electrically conducting so you need to be really careful with the application. Any excess will mean paste flowing out and things can get zapped in there. Although its a breeze to be applied so little bit of caution and you should be good to go.

I would still stick with Tuniq TX 2.

Easy to apply, and brings out the performance as well. Doesnt weighs heavy on the pocket either.

Zero electrical conductivity

Pretty much a done deal.

^^ Its a speculation bruv, not a review and most people here trust the Arctic Silver 5 OR Tuniq TX-2 so will stick to that + I need to buy this stuff locally in Bangalore and the best I got was the Tuniq TX-2 ~ 400/- while the most expensive was Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 ~ 600/-.

^^ Its a speculation bruv, not a review and most people here trust the Arctic Silver 5 OR Tuniq TX-2 so will stick to that + I need to buy this stuff locally in Bangalore and the best I got was the Tuniq TX-2 ~ 400/- while the most expensive was Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 ~ 600/-.

Tuniq TX-2 sells for 250 bucks here in Mumbai... Even if you would buy it online you would end up paying a lot lesser as compared to buying it from your local market... TheITWares must be having this in stock... Buy it from him...

Back