CPU/Mobo Thin Mini-ITX AIO chassis and boards?

Actually yes 8w tdp is pretty difficult to beat even for a C2D on idle.

But what exactly makes this any more special that say- mounting a laptop behind your monitor? Take this laptop for example which is currently going for 17k whereas a NUC might cost you 13k once you add the missing parts. This laptop is portable and light enough to be mounted behind a 21" monitor if you make a small bracket for it or even under the monitor if you're too lazy to make the bracket. On the top of that you're getting a faster system with more features - speakers/display/keyboard/trackpad/battery making it portable if required too. Just doesn't make sense.
Saves cash upfront, Avg 3yrs Warranty vs 1yr, the ability to dismantle and use in something else, the durability of desktop parts that are know to last a decade. Lastly its a device made for that exact work, not something that is being repurposed. I see your point though.

I'm spoiled by the ridiculously low power and diminutive size of the Raspberry Pi. And that's the machine that's actually doing more work in my flat than anything else - it's a seedbox, a media server, a development web/app server - and it's still running off the power from a USB cable from my NAS.

I'm trying to find something that runs Windows (so i can also use it as a secondary desktop sometimes) and still consumes lesser power than a 10-hour Atom netbook and fits in a box smaller than an Mac mini. Also, the Pi can't handle x265 video (at all), so it's days are numbered. I thought the Celeron NUC would do the trick, but from whatever I've read, the performance is terrible for the price (which goes up to 15-20k when complete). So I looked at the next option.

But even the i3 NUC is a bad deal - it'll cost you 30k without RAM+HDD. An i5 Mac mini costs 34k and it comes with everything. Sure, the NUC will consume far less power than the mini, but I'm stumped while trying to understand how a bare-bones, DIY solution from Intel ended up being more expensive than an Apple product. I'm literally scared of finding out the price of the upcoming i7 NUC - I may only be able to afford it if I sell my car.

So, in conclusion, if I want to spend a reasonable amount of money, I can either get a big fat/mid-size cabinet and hide it behind my TV/monitor or just get a laptop.

I'm spoiled by the ridiculously low power and diminutive size of the Raspberry Pi. And that's the machine that's actually doing more work in my flat than anything else - it's a seedbox, a media server, a development web/app server - and it's still running off the power from a USB cable from my NAS.

I'm trying to find something that runs Windows (so i can also use it as a secondary desktop sometimes) and still consumes lesser power than a 10-hour Atom netbook and fits in a box smaller than an Mac mini. Also, the Pi can't handle x265 video (at all), so it's days are numbered. I thought the Celeron NUC would do the trick, but from whatever I've read, the performance is terrible for the price (which goes up to 15-20k when complete). So I looked at the next option.

But even the i3 NUC is a bad deal - it'll cost you 30k without RAM+HDD. An i5 Mac mini costs 34k and it comes with everything. Sure, the NUC will consume far less power than the mini, but I'm stumped while trying to understand how a bare-bones, DIY solution from Intel ended up being more expensive than an Apple product. I'm literally scared of finding out the price of the upcoming i7 NUC - I may only be able to afford it if I sell my car.

So, in conclusion, if I want to spend a reasonable amount of money, I can either get a big fat/mid-size cabinet and hide it behind my TV/monitor or just get a laptop.
try a cm 361 cabinet, quite small, and fits well under or behind the TV. accepts a full size board and regular graphics card as well, so you can buy anything you want to fit in it.

My prayers may have been answered!
The new Raspberry Pi 2 was announced today with a 900MHz quad-core ARMv7 CPU and 1GB of RAM. Considering how the older Pi running Debian was just barely usable as a desktop, I expect the Pi 2 to work just fine. Plus, it now has Ubuntu and, in the future, Windows 10! So what if its just Windows RT... It's free!

Now to wait for the Pi 2 to be launched here...

My prayers may have been answered!
The new Raspberry Pi 2 was announced today with a 900MHz quad-core ARMv7 CPU and 1GB of RAM. Considering how the older Pi running Debian was just barely usable as a desktop, I expect the Pi 2 to work just fine. Plus, it now has Ubuntu and, in the future, Windows 10! So what if its just Windows RT... It's free!

Now to wait for the Pi 2 to be launched here...

Why wait? Plus it is expected to support windows 10 at a price of 35 USD. Lets group buy this thing.

I ordered mine from Crazy Pi on Thursday night. I haven't received it yet. FedEx Priority Overnight, my derriere!

I ordered mine from Crazy Pi on Thursday night. I haven't received it yet. FedEx Priority Overnight, my derriere!
Have you got your Pi?

Does anybody here know of any Indian website that sells the 4 pole 3.5mm to 3 RCA cable.
I am thinking of buying the Pi but presently do not have anything that has HDMI input.

Back