PC Peripherals Things to know before buying from Dell

montylee

Skilled
I recently ordered Dell 1525 laptop for my neighbor. The cost after customization was Rs. 40, 700. Then i got a call from Dell about the order. I asked for discount so they waved off the VAT amount i.e. Rs. 1500.

I asked for more discount but i was told that more discount is not possible.

Then my friend told me that Dell offers "Corporate Discount" to people working in IT companies. So, i asked them about the same and i was told to sent a mail from my office id as a proof to Dell representative. So, i got the corporate discount. The corporate discount is 3%.

Many people may already know this, but this will help new buyers. So, lookout for these discounts before buying from Dell:

1) Ask for discount, then your VAT amount will be waved off.

2) Ask for corporate discount (3%) if you are working in a IT company.

I hope this helps someone...

I purchased one via member "Shakensoul" here recently - for an Inspiron that costed approx. Rs. 41000 after customization, i had to pay Rs. 35300 so buying from a member here with good contacts in Dell is an option too ;)

montylee said:
I recently ordered Dell 1525 laptop for my neighbor. The cost after customization was Rs. 40, 700. Then i got a call from Dell about the order. I asked for discount so they waved off the VAT amount i.e. Rs. 1500.
I asked for more discount but i was told that more discount is not possible.

Then my friend told me that Dell offers "Corporate Discount" to people working in IT companies. So, i asked them about the same and i was told to sent a mail from my office id as a proof to Dell representative. So, i got the corporate discount. The corporate discount is 3%.

Many people may already know this, but this will help new buyers. So, lookout for these discounts before buying from Dell:

1) Ask for discount, then your VAT amount will be waved off.
2) Ask for corporate discount (3%) if you are working in a IT company.

I hope this helps someone...

thats great info :yahoo: i will encourage everyone to share these kind of info about other companies too so that we can save some of our hard earned money to buy other stuff.....repped...as if u needed one :p

Dell reps are known to lower prices of goods after haggling. Most people who do not know about the kind of prices offerred by TE people on GO-s would go straight to reps and get a higher quote, if they are well informed and good at talking they can get the prices of stuff down else they pay the higher price.

You can also get a huge discount from Dell if you are working with Dell or have a friend working with Dell. I ordered a 22" LCD last year for 11.500 only at that time the market price for that LCD was 19K.

Also, ordered a Dell 24" LCD this month for 16.5K only.

Gaurish said:
I heard Dell is Available in Croma stores?

at a lot f other places too :)

saw dell laptops stocked with DCC here in pune. but their prices will be atrocious i feel. better to check out locally n then bargain with dell itself :D

Back