PC Peripherals Think gaming/Vista need heavy-duty hardware ?

PoBoy

Skilled
H/w requirements for gaming and Win Vista pale in comparision with that required for merely watching HD movies. This is what Cyberlink thinks are the minimum requirements :

Processor: Pentium D 840 EE or higher, Core Duo T2500 or higher, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ or higher, Turion 64 X2 TL-60 or higher
System memory: 1 GB
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Graphics card: HDMI and HDCP support, Nvidia 7600GT or higher, ATI X1600 or higher
HD player: Third party software is required, as the Windows Media Player 10/11 will not support Blu-ray- and HD DVD playback
Display: HDMI and HDCP support required

Guess most of us will have to forget about HD.

CyberLink Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD Support - system requirement

Is your PC HD ready? | TG Daily

ROFL where did you find HD content other than those little WMV9 sample clips? The 720p game videos you get everywhere work fine on any machine.

i would rather take a bus to the nearest movie theater and watch a movie there... the experience is waaay better...its dum to spend this much just to watch a bunch of HD movies :S ....:no: system requirements are getting increasingly pathetic :no:

Chaos said:
ROFL where did you find HD content other than those little WMV9 sample clips?

Someone's Torrent search isnt working right :bleh: :bleh:

archer_0042000 said:
So does that mean that a computer with DVI imput or a VGA won't be able to play HD ????

For playing HD-DVD or BR-DVD movies, you wont be able to play, coz u need HDCP. But as far as downloaded stuff goes, you can download 1080p videos right now and play em fine, provided you have a decent system.

shrey said:
i would rather take a bus to the nearest movie theater and watch a movie there... the experience is waaay better...its dum to spend this much just to watch a bunch of HD movies :S ....:no: system requirements are getting increasingly pathetic :no:

ohhhhh pleaseeeee if u have a decent system indian theatres dont even come close to the movies u watch dvd,hd is way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that crap soleave theatres out of this period:bleh: :bleh:

SoulFire said:
ohhhhh pleaseeeee if u have a decent system indian theatres dont even come close to the movies u watch dvd,hd is way way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than that crap soleave theatres out of this period:bleh: :bleh:
Yeah, I agree with you. Indian Theatres are not so good that you would rather watch in a theatre. Most of the theatres are crap and the ticket charges are not justified at all. I would rather watch a movie on my PC at my own convinience and comfort. :)

And all new gfx cards are supposed to handle h.264 just fine. The DX10 cards coming up will have no problems, even the entry level ones like 8200TC or X2300 :p

Back