Thinking to buy Samsung Focus

avi

Skilled
Okay guys, I am thinking to buy samsung focus. I have used Nokia Lumia from a friend's & I really liked Windows.

Basically I'd like following features :

-USB / WiFi Tehthering - Phone will be used to connect to Lappy to share net & also to my tablet. So WiFi sharing should also be there

-Can this phone stream 720p youtube videos seamlessly ?

-Are there any good apps on Stock Market ? I need apps which can show constant BSE sensex ticker. And also apps which gives me info regarding current stock price etc. [Yahoo Stock app which comes default in iOS]

-Any apps to check railway reservation status / seat availability ?

-How is Web Browsing experience on Windows ?

Reason I am thinking to go with this is, even if I don't like the phone I could sell it off anytime [and also make few extra bucks :p]

#[member='Metalspree'] ok no problem mate. just give me the link of auctions u won or the condition and price u won at. i,ll decide then.

and is there any difference between icc ppo or sns address. actually i dont have sns and i was using icc ppo service.

Guys, how to ensure that the focus which we are bidding would be unlock-able?

If you guys have won any auction and not interested in buying, please pass on the details to me, I might buy one!

#[member='cyclops13']

Every Samsung Focus is unlockable. You just need to buy the unlock code off eBay which costs between $ 0.99-2.99. The whole process (buying code, waiting for it to be delivered in your mailbox and entering it on phone) normally takes just couple of hours. So don't worry about it.

Thank you !

I am total newbie, so have no idea
<
What does developer unlock & interop unlock means ?

#avi I don't have much of an idea as well. But still once you have totally unlocked ROM you can do these things:

1. Deploy XAP's and Homebrew Apps

2. Customize the Tile colors as well as Background color

3. Registry Editor

4. Root access etc.

5. Bluetooth File Transfer and other performance tweaks

An example of the Lockscreen of my Fully Unlocked Device.

qWbRd.jpg

#[member='avi']

I assumed that cyclops13 was asking about AT&T branded Focus. In that case as I explained, you can buy the unlock code off eBay which allows you to use the phone with any carrier. I am not sure if the custom ROMs in WP take care of this issue similar to custom ROMs in android. In any case my point to him was that the unlock code is available for dirt cheap so that shouldn't stop him from buying it himself.

I can at least confirm that by pre-unlocked it means those ROMs are developer (and also interop in most cases I believe) unlocked. This is similar to jailbreaking in iDevices or rooting in android parlance. It allows side-loading XAPs and other goodies as Bhutoria explained.

#[member='cyclops13']

Every Samsung Focus is unlockable. You just need to buy the unlock code off eBay which costs between $ 0.99-2.99. The whole process (buying code, waiting for it to be delivered in your mailbox and entering it on phone) normally takes just couple of hours. So don't worry about it.

Thanks for the confirmation..!

Back