Budget 41-50k thinkpad from lamington road

akshayp

Disciple
hi,
i've set my eyes on Thinkpad e430, corei5/4gb ram/500gb hdd/
link to the product is:
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-thin...rno=m_1_2&otracker=from-search&query=thinkpad
My dilemma, the local prices in pune for it are 41k, even flipkart qoutes it at same range,
when i inquired about it at the lamington road in Mumbai, the prices quoted were astonishingly low,
for example this particular model was quoted at 28k! with official warranty and bill.

can anybody guide me why such a vast difference, also is it advisable to buy it from there?

28k for the given config seems to be a bit on the lower side. Are you sure it is all inclusive with bill and taxes ?
Lamming-ton roads shops will often not quote the taxed upfront.

If you are getting it with bill and everything, then well, that should be great. I have seen the price in flipkart to be 2-4k above in case of most laptops, but not a difference like 10k

add another 12.5% that would be 3.5k..still seems odd..i was baffled too, went in another store got similar qoute,
i've a feeling lamington road woutes were probably meant for sandybridge and not ivybridge.[DOUBLEPOST=1367494601][/DOUBLEPOST]are there any reputed laptop resellers at lamington?
like primeabgb is for desktops.

If you do a search for 'lenovo thinkpad e430' it shows configs with core i3's (2nd gen) and core i5's (3rd gen).

They were probably quoting the price for a core i3 based laptop.

I.had seen this for hp professional laptops as well.
That time, i figured out thay,

These machines are not official channel.imports but smuggled machines from say Singapore and.alike.

Thats why these low prices.

Ask if these willl be.covered by official warranty

^^i did, they'll provide me one year official warranty (which seems odd since most of the laptops come with 3 year warranty atleast).

They will give 1 year warranty however i am pretty sure that it would be more on the lines of seller warranty.
Do ask them what to do if the laptop does show any problems. If they say that you will have to bring it to the shop then its a seller warranty.

thanks so much everyone, decided to go for a local reputed seller inspite of higher price tag, for the simple reason "peace of mind".

Back