PC Peripherals this FSP PSU vs seasonic s12ii 520W ?

@guptavis if you will be based in-an around Bombay then the Seasonic SMPS is a must buy, else stick to Corsair OR Cooler Master.

For the FSP SMPS talk to @systembuilder here on TE as he is the same dealer on eBay. I will try to find find details on the FSP SMPS.

The FSP unit seems to be a very old design, people are talking about it in ~2006, there is a review in Vietnamese. You get the flow, OLD.

P.S. -- the translation of the page is by google, so do not blame me. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @ALPHA17,

If i am better off with a new design, then ill go for seasonic, cooler master etc. But ive seen it being mentioned that newer designs these days are worse than the ones they are replacing. i read on this forum thet corsair CX430v2 is being replaced by GX450 which is not as good and cooler master true power 460 is also being replaced by something that is worse.
I stay in chandigarh, so i shouldnt get seasonic?

If i am better off with a new design, then ill go for seasonic, cooler master etc. But ive seen it being mentioned that newer designs these days are worse than the ones they are replacing. i read on this forum thet corsair CX430v2 is being replaced by GX450 which is not as good and cooler master true power 460 is also being replaced by something that is worse.

It depends, there are a lot of new designs that are actually piss-poor and quite a few decent ones as well.

The Corsair CX v2430W is being replaced by the VS450W but this is only in India and China, for now it seems both are available is parallel so lets make hay while the sun shines.

The Cooler Master GX series [1st generation] was an extremely archaic Seventeam OEM design that was widely revolted and disparaged by most reviewers. With the release of the GX450W they have right the ship at-least in the extreme budget section of the market [this replaced the older Real Power Pro 460W]. The True Power series of SMPS is by Antec.

Unless you are not 100% sure of what kind of service is their by Tirupati Enterprises I will say, avoid with extreme prejudice. I think @Dark Star, @Altair and @Orija who are locals can guide you better on this account. Cheerio!

guptavis Mate go with whatever Alpha17 cause he's literally the alpha in suggesting hardware components. :)
Later which ever psu you are satisfied on either buy it from Our Computer Market Sector 20 (Main Market Line after Labor Chawk circle, where all the institutes are) or Sector 34(Couple of shops). Plus there is one shop above Gopal Sweets(Nect to McDonalds) in 35 Sector I forgot the name sorry. They sell all these components at a reasonable price. I bought HD4770 from there a few years back. Rest You can shop Online from Various Sites.
ALPHA17 Thanks for the tag. :)

guptavis Mate go with whatever Alpha17 cause he's literally the alpha in suggesting hardware components. :)
Later which ever psu you are satisfied on either buy it from Our Computer Market Sector 20 (Main Market Line after Labor Chawk circle, where all the institutes are) or Sector 34(Couple of shops).

Yes, give a good thought to Alpha's suggestions.
Thanks for the places. will check out sec34.
But i think sec20 has a lot of laptop shops etc, i mean i havent seen them sell individual components only big showrooms with laptops etc. Do you know of any specific shops that are good.

Yes, give a good thought to Alpha's suggestions.
Thanks for the places. will check out sec34.
But i think sec20 has a lot of laptop shops etc, i mean i havent seen them sell individual components only big showrooms with laptops etc. Do you know of any specific shops that are good.
There is Zip Infotech and one is Fast Electronics not sure the name about this one. And there are many more mate. Once you go there you'll see many shops by yourself. Ask them if they have those other wise you can always buy from eBay or Flipkart or any other site

Back