This is how to check for the 65nm Xbox system

woozydevotee

Disciple
I found this interesting piece of information on Anandtech to check for the 65nm(Falcon) version of the xbox, i am not sure whether this has been posted before or not,i am posting the link below, the article tells us how to check for the 65nm without even opening the xbox, the Lot number which is printed on the package should be 734 or greater and a build date later than8/24/2007, i checked for the lot number on one of the consoles in a retail store and it was 623, i am sure Microsoft is gonna dump all the 90nms here in india and it could be a few more months before we see the 65nm here, what do u guys think?

AnandTech: Microsoft's Xbox 360 goes 65nm: Falcon Dissection and Power Consumption

I had posted the same "How to Identify" info in another thread here a while back. Anyways I don't think India would get the Falcon XBOX360's anytime soon. All the old stock from Europe and other PAL regions is being dumped in India and the consoles do not exactly sell like hot cakes here. So that old stock is going to be sold for some time to come.

btw, even though some design changes were made to the Motherboard to minimize the chance of RRoD's, the problem still is present in the Falcon XBOX's too.

most reliable way to confirm a unit is falcon or not is to look for power rating printed on the box , if its 203watts then its old one but if you are lucky enough to find one with a rating of 174 watts then its a falcon ...

@rahul
there are many threads going on regarding how to find out if its a falcon or not .. it will be better if mods make one of them sticky ... :D

Back