This is HTC Dream - Google's Android - Now Launched!

attachment-1.jpg
attachment-2.jpg
attachment-3.jpg
attachment-4.jpg
attachment-5.jpg
attachment-6.jpg
attachment.jpg
attachment3333.jpg
android_sdk_0900.jpg
android_sdk_0901.jpg
android_sdk_0902.jpg
android_sdk_0905.jpg
android_sdk_0906.jpg

Keyboard and the brick like design...... :( might buy one without the qwerty keyboard, if it is announced this year itself...

The interface is SICK..
really..The icons look prehistoric..Nowhere near the iphone at matching the looks of the gui..

Look at the third pic of the second last line..The menu holder kinda thing..Cheap..
They didnt have to make the android even look opensource<flamebait>:p

Gurpartap Singh said:
Keyboard and the brick like design...... :( might buy one without the qwerty keyboard, if it is announced this year itself...

Madison Avenue @ Seattle: Had been there n times... only place that felt lively in those shrilly winter of nov and dec. Got my memory back :p.

~LT

brick or no brick, can't help loving this interface, simplicity rocks.!!

@party monger: I'd luv to hear your views on Gmail, Google, Gtalk, google docs, google earth and all other so called "Prehistoric looking" stuff that no techie worth his salt lives without. (flamebait2)

Icons and overall UI is completely skinnable, its upto the customizing community to come up with whateva they can, android is a rock solid architecture if you care to look deep.

I guess thats what makes our in-house geek gurpartap look seriously at the brick like device.

Pat said:
Why do you have hopes when its already announced that they are windows mobiles :S

nothing stops them from putting android on those same models... they might give them different names/numbers tho...

also waiting for windows mobile 7...

sarang said:
brick or no brick, can't help loving this interface, simplicity rocks.!!
@party monger: I'd luv to hear your views on Gmail, Google, Gtalk, google docs, google earth and all other so called "Prehistoric looking" stuff that no techie worth his salt lives without. (flamebait2)
Icons and overall UI is completely skinnable, its upto the customizing community to come up with whateva they can, android is a rock solid architecture if you care to look deep.
I guess thats what makes our in-house geek gurpartap look seriously at the brick like device.

Im just comparing the default to the iphone interface...Thats about all that i need ot explain..
How do you know its rock solid??:p

Ofcourse if you're guessing then...:bleh:

greenhorn said:
videos . pictures alone dont mean a thing :no:

probably have to wait til the end of the year for videos of the touch HD... i wasnt too impressed after watching youtube review videos of htc touch and touch diamond... watching ipod touch vids - thats some cool ui flow... going to run out and buy one soon :D

The UI and layout in the first few screenies sucked.
The last few ones were nice.
Although since it is Open Source, i guess these are HTC's choices. Look good so far.

Party Monger said:
Im just comparing the default to the iphone interface...Thats about all that i need ot explain..
How do you know its rock solid??:p

Ofcourse if you're guessing then...:bleh:

not guessing, had a chance to play around with the SDK :p

take a look here, If you know a bit about archs u'd know why am i saying this.

PS: Nothing gainst you, the phone really ain't that bad, just for fun play around with the dev emul.

Back