Afxal

Disciple
Getting these 2nd hand at 21k
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • MSI B550I Gaming Edge wifi
  • Gskill trident Z neo 3600mhz 8*2
  • Corsair RM750 80+ Gold
  • Nzxt Kraken x53
I was thinking of getting the below-mentioned new rather than the above 2nd hand parts as they are out of warranty
  • i3-12100f
  • Asus Prime H610 e-d4
  • Gskill Ripjaws 3200mhz 8*2
  • Cooler master mwe 550w bronze.
The pricing for these also is somewhat close to 21k. Which is a better buy?

I would vote for the second build. The processor, i3 - 12100F when paired with an RTX 30 series GPU is sufficient for moderate gaming at 1080p at 60 fps. With an increase of a few thousand bucks, you could get an i5 processor with a Wifi motherboard. An air cooler Deepcool Ak400 would cost you an additional 3k which should be sufficient.

Which is a better buy?

You haven't stated your preferences, so you will need to answer some questions, such as:

1. Do you plan to overclock it?
2. Which graphics card do you want to add?
3. At what resolution do you want to play your games?
4. Do you want crisp graphics quality or higher frame-rates from your games?

You haven't stated your preferences, so you will need to answer some questions, such as:

1. Do you plan to overclock it?
2. Which graphics card do you want to add?
3. At what resolution do you want to play your games?
4. Do you want crisp graphics quality or higher frame-rates from your games?
No plan to overclock as I'm a casual gamer. Wont use the PC for anything else though, just games and movies.
3060 or similar card
1080p high graphics
High quality with at least 80fps+

3700x is an overall superior CPU. But 12100f, being a generation newer than it, has significantly better single core performance. Most games do well on processors with better single core performance. So i3 12100f is the better choice here, given you'll also get new components with warranty.

My only suggestion would be to get a single 16 GB RAM module, so that you can add another 16 GB later.

Back