This problem is so irritating HELP

Vandal

Skilled
here's what I did - while charging my 6630, I switched the phone off.... Now the bloody thing while starting up shows me a message "phone already in use". Then it shows "Phone startup failed, contact the retailer". This screen remains and nothing works except power down.

I have tried removing the SIM, using my other phones SIM, and even swapping or removing memory cards..

I had this prob earlier, and it cleared with removing and refitting the memory card. But that time the problem was cause due to a different reason (I think I had not fully removed the card, and had powered down the phone..

Please help as I use this number more often and am expecting calls..

Symbian Install screwed! Swapping SIMs won't help

You need a Symbian reinstall

Try a soft reset fiorst

( *#7370# )

If that doesn't help, you'll need to do a full format

- Switch off the phone.

- Hold down these buttons: Green button, * button, and '3' button

- While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone

- The phone should say 'Formatting' ..Now release all of the buttons, wait for the format to complete

Unfortunately, any which way, yuou will lose all the data currently on the phone

Read this somewhere else, tried.. it works... then read your post. Thanks though, the solution is a good one. Best of all it seems this works on my N70 as well.

SoulFire said:
so problem solved?formatted fone n data lost ?

No that's a soft format so no data lost. The other command (some different number combination is a hard format, c drive goes totally kaput :p )

Also since it was booting without the SIM I didn't have to use the dreaded 3 button combo..

archish - how'd I check the firmware version, elucidate pls and I'll get back to ya here.

hello there... i own a nokia 7650 and i am also suffering frm the same problem... it says... unable to restart fone contact retailer... i tried ur methods for a complete format... but it dint work in my case... is there any other way to bring it back to life ???? please help

Back