Android Thoughts about K20 PRO?

IMO it's better to buy last year's flagships like the G7 at this price range, or save some more and get the OP7 instead.

IMO it's better to buy last year's flagships like the G7 at this price range, or save some more and get the OP7 instead.
Any benefits of that? Why would you get an older SOC, a notched non-amoled display, lesser battery capacity & inferior camera (may be) in the same price?

Any benefits of that? Why would you get an older SOC, a notched non-amoled display, lesser battery capacity & inferior camera (may be) in the same price?

The G7 has the brightest screen I've seen on a phone, you'd barely notice any difference in quality between it an AMOLED screen during regular use. The notch can be hidden and it is a bit more pocketable due to the 6.1 inch screen. It has an IP68 rating and is one of the best devices for audiophiles courtesy of the ESS DAC. The rear camera is excellent, sure the battery is smaller by today's standards but it runs an entire day with moderate use. Only thing disappointing about the phone is the selfie camera which is not flagship level.
As for the older SOC, for day to day use an 845 is more than enough unless you run benchmarks all day.

The Poco F1 was pretty much a Moto G2 with a bad screen, the only thing it had going for it was the SOC. To keep the price down they undercut the overall quality.
The K20 pro is the Poco F2 and I'd be skeptical spending 25k on a phone especially with the number of issues with its predecessor. Going by first impressions the phone already looks garish and cheap.
Xiaomi still comes across a budget brand and doesn't warrant a mid-top tier pricing, if you can spend 25k on a phone, you might as well save 8k more and get the OP7 for the best android experience albeit without a 3.5mm jack.

I was absolutely pissed off by ads on MIUI
Poco f1 ads
Very difficult to completely turn off ads.

Especially when ads are
"2 year old raped and parts eaten"

"Brother in law raped sister and killed her"

"Bhojpuri actress dance with a vulgar thumbnail"

Daily your noti drawer will be filled by such ads

Be careful

I am also planning to buy K20 Pro.

How do you guys compare K20 Pro with OnePlus 6T 8GB @28k (lesser with credit cards discount on 15th-16th July sale) ?

I am also planning to buy K20 Pro.

How do you guys compare K20 Pro with OnePlus 6T 8GB @28k (lesser with credit cards discount on 15th-16th July sale) ?
Remove 6T from list if you like taking photographs compared to k20 pro

Before buying k20 pro go through xda on how to turn off ads and custom ROMs like PIXEL EXPERIENCE.
Life saving steps

Yes but still used to crash a few times not a reliable thing. and even then the sensor is not as good that gcam will bring in terrific details.
Have seen a lot of white balance issues with gcam

Yes but still used to crash a few times not a reliable thing. and even then the sensor is not as good that gcam will bring in terrific details.
Have seen a lot of white balance issues with gcam

Gcam gets getting updates every month or so. I've been using it for 2+ years on my LG G6 and only had stability issues over the first couple of months. With a stable version, it works perfectly fine and there are no white balance or green tint issues
like the initial versions. Image quality, and particularly dynamic range is significantly improved compared to stock camera.

Gcam gets getting updates every month or so. I've been using it for 2+ years on my LG G6 and only had stability issues over the first couple of months. With a stable version, it works perfectly fine and there are no white balance or green tint issues
like the initial versions. Image quality, and particularly dynamic range is significantly improved compared to stock camera.
Absolutely right.
I don't stay invested in a model more than few months so my assessment will be wrong
But if someone can wait for few months then ofcourse good.
I don't have the patience [emoji17]

I hardly use gcam on my V20 i don't find the results better with it, just different. I got tired of the different variants and updates. Stock does everything

Post automatically merged:

I was absolutely pissed off by ads on MIUI
Poco f1 ads
Very difficult to completely turn off ads.

Especially when ads are
"2 year old raped and parts eaten"

"Brother in law raped sister and killed her"

"Bhojpuri actress dance with a vulgar thumbnail"

Daily your noti drawer will be filled by such ads

Be careful
Is there a no ads variant available ?

I hardly use gcam on my V20 i don't find the results better with it, just different
Post automatically merged:

Is there a no ads variant available ?
No there is none that I know of.
We pay less and in return view irrelevant ads for xiaomi revenue

No there is none that I know of.
We pay less and in return view irrelevant ads for xiaomi revenue
That is pretty sad. I've heard of apps that don't allow you to buy them and just feed you with ads.

This is the phone equivalent of that nonsense :(

Yes you can go to xda bla bla but what happens to updates after.

That is pretty sad. I've heard of apps that don't allow you to buy them and just feed you with ads.

This is the phone equivalent of that nonsense :(

Yes you can go to xda bla bla but what happens to updates after.
Yes.
Initially I thought Poco f1 is great value.
For some it's great coz u need to delve deep to block all ads.

There is a option at beginning setup to not opt for ads but still it comes

You need to change in all xiaomi music and video apps to block ads.

Even then I used to get the ads.

Henceforth I am not buying into that nonsense again

^agree, i don't think its worth it. Just spend the money and get an non-ad device.

I find people on forums will go through all of this just to save a few thousand. Ridiculous

^agree, i don't think its worth it. Just spend the money and get an non-ad device.

I find people on forums will go through all of this just to save a few thousand. Ridiculous
It depends.
When you are young you have time for all this then fine. The raw hardware matters to you.
Once you reach a particular age when time is more important and the experience matters more than the hardware you start moving away from all this "nonsense"

So it's a individual perspective.
10 years back blocking ads through various ways would have been a enjoyable exciting experience but not now.

So I can say that there is a large market for such a device otherwise people can't sell in black on olx etc!!

Back