FS: Desktops Threadripper desktop PC (Zen 2 based 32 core 3970X with 128 GB RAM) for sale in Pune!

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Pune (local buyers only though)
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Oct 1, 2020
Shipping Charges
Local buyers only
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
None
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
I want to upgrade to the latest gen and double the specs.
See Threadripper for Sale! for the latest details and info.

Pasting the current info here too:

Looking to sell my computer:

AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 3970X CPU (32 Core / 64 Threads).

ASUS Prime sTRX40 Pro S Motherboard.

GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 MHz 32 GB DDR4 (x4 total 128 GB) RAM.

Thermalright Silver Arrow TR4 Air Cooler.

Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB GPU.

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen 3 SSD.

Asus Wi-Fi 6 addon card PCE-AX58BT.

CoolerMaster 850V2 850W 80+ Gold PSU.

Cooler Master CM694 case with Metal Side Panel.

FAQ:

What's the cost?
Bought for around 3.5 lakh nearly 4 years ago - asking for 2.5 lakh now. Note that for a similar build new cost is nearly 4.5 lakh today. Explore on PC Price Tracker website.

Will you sell only the RAM?
No, I want to sell the desktop as a whole unit only.

Will you ship it?
No, I'm looking for local Pune buyers only.

Why are you selling?
I want to upgrade to the latest gen and double the specs.

Can I take it right now?!
I wasn't expecting it to sell so quickly but yes. It's my current workhorse but I can use a stopgap computer until I get a new one for myself.

How do I get in touch?
If you're okay with the price and serious about buying email me at vishalrao at gmail to arrange a visit to check it out and pick it up.

PS:

You are, of course, welcome to visit my place and inspect the computer yourself (run CPU-z, HWINFO, benchmarks, your favourite apps etc) before buying. It runs Windows 11 and Linux just great.

You are, of course, welcome to purchase the whole unit and resell it for individual parts a.k.a. "flip it".

It's a great developer workstation for use as a local docker/kubernetes app cluster, distributed apps like Apache Spark, even AI and some casual gaming if you get a new GPU.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

Watch:

While you consider buying my computer.
I did consider.. Might also want to compare with 9950X especially considering the price and energy requirements .. the 9950X absolutely destroys even the higher end 3990x.
I was just checking the level1 forms for workstation uses and it's amazing to see how far consumer CPU's have advanced.. other than the pcie lanes and the number of cores if you are looking to make many virtual machines, it's no contest , especially with the power requirements.. can't wait to see the 9950x3D launch

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm looking to upgrade to either a 9950X build or (if available within reasonable timeframe) a potential "9970X" (if they number it that) build, preferably the latter :)

I guess it comes down the the cost factor, perf-per-dollar, so to speak, if someone is thinking about buying my computer.

Threadripper offers raw cores (faster software builds, if you care about that), m0ar lanes, m0ar memory channels etc, like you mention, yes.

PS:

Someone on reddit posted that in this article https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...ck-hyunh-talks-new-strategy-for-gaming-market there's a snippet:

Don’t worry. We will have a great strategy for the enthusiasts on the PC side, but we just haven’t disclosed it. We'll be using chiplets, which doesn't impact what I want to do on scale, but it still takes care of enthusiasts. Don't worry, we won’t forget the Threadrippers and the Ryzen 9’s.

Also on reddit (I don't have the source link handy) something about shipping manifest mentioning a 96-core Zen 5 Threadripper being sent to none other than India. See https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-threadripper-9000wx-shimada-peak-spotted-with-96-zen5-cores and

Yeah, I'm looking to upgrade to either a 9950X build or (if available within reasonable timeframe) a potential "9970X" (if they number it that) build, preferably the latter :)

I guess it comes down the the cost factor, perf-per-dollar, so to speak, if someone is thinking about buying my computer.

Threadripper offers raw cores (faster software builds, if you care about that), m0ar lanes, m0ar memory channels etc, like you mention, yes.

PS:

Someone on reddit posted that in this article https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...ck-hyunh-talks-new-strategy-for-gaming-market there's a snippet:

Also on reddit (I don't have the source link handy) something about shipping manifest mentioning a 96-core Zen 5 Threadripper being sent to none other than India. See https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-threadripper-9000wx-shimada-peak-spotted-with-96-zen5-cores and
Hey. I got delivery of my 9950x build today itself, let me know if you want me to test anything.

Hey. I got delivery of my 9950x build today itself, let me know if you want me to test anything.

Wow excellent, congrats! If you would, do post a thread or message in the "Show off your build" thread with info such as the specs, cost, where you got it from, and your initial feedback/experience with it along with some pics? Would highly appreciate it!

I'm particularly interested in how stable is the build (boot up time, general performance improvement over whatever is/was your previous computer, maybe linux details if you use that) and whatever other details you can share - thanks!

Hello!

Can anyone please help with pricing on my Threadripper PC sale?

See the FAQ at https://www.lahsiv.net/threadripper/ for current asking price.

Would appreciate advice on legit/reasonable pricing so I can let go of this sooner rather than later

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow excellent, congrats! If you would, do post a thread or message in the "Show off your build" thread with info such as the specs, cost, where you got it from, and your initial feedback/experience with it along with some pics? Would highly appreciate it!

I'm particularly interested in how stable is the build (boot up time, general performance improvement over whatever is/was your previous computer, maybe linux details if you use that) and whatever other details you can share - thanks!

Hello!

Can anyone please help with pricing on my Threadripper PC sale?

See the FAQ at https://www.lahsiv.net/threadripper/ for current asking price.

Would appreciate advice on legit/reasonable pricing so I can let go of this sooner rather than later

Thanks!
I think as a baseline you should price it according to the equivalent performing part in the current market and then adding 10-20% extra for the extra features your platform provides.

you could build a 9950x that could beat this rig in all aspects except the additional lanes that threadripper provide.

I think as a baseline you should price it according to the equivalent performing part in the current market and then adding 10-20% extra for the extra features your platform provides.

you could build a 9950x that could beat this rig in all aspects except the additional lanes that threadripper provide.

Yes, I've tried to price it like how you mention, but could you (or anyone else here) point me to any tools/websites etc where I can get actual rupee numbers for individual components?

Do note/see the FAQ section about pricing where I mentioned a similar-spec but latest gen (Zen 4 based 7970X build) costs over 4.5 lac (I used "pc price tracker" site) and I've kept my asking price to about half of that. It's just an asking price, I'm open to reasonable counter offers from anyone serious about buying.

I welcome posts from members here (even though most other sale threads frown upon it I guess) for pricing advice because it will help me get it sold sooner I hope :)

OK I checked PC Price Tracker for a "similar spec" 9950X build (same memory capacity, ssd size, 8GB basic GPU) which comes to about 2 lakh.

("Similar spec" with platform differences of course like DDR5 instead of DDR4, Mobo is PCIe Gen 5 instead of 4, my SSD is gen3 not gen4, my GPU is RX580 8GB against RX 6600 8GB etc.)

I'm asking for 2.5 for the extra cores, memory channels/capacity, lanes etc which I trust is reasonable. Thanks for your inputs.

There are some website which have comparisons between the two platforms too.

Last edited:
Back