Car & Bike Thunderbird 350 vs. Pusler 200 NS vs. Duke 200 vs. ZMR new

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Hey Guys !

As the title says it ! What is best to go for ?
Any there options ?

I need a bike which can accommodate three people in times and a ride for city and highway too.

Me really bad with bikes knowledge :p

I got a quote of 1.47 k on road for Thunderbird 350 version!

1.16 for new zmr !

Reset still pending .

And please can people ( if the own any ) tell avg of the bike .

I might be driving monthly a round of 200km or more !

Sometimes inter-cities to so on highway speed may be 100km or plus !

Thank you for reading my thread :cool:

Thunderbird - only buy an enfield if you want to buy an enfield.
Duke 200 - purpose built - is extremely light & fast and will have a learning curve.
I guess the pulsar/ZMR are inherently commuters with that extra oomph to set them apart from the bread and butter models.

All will have mileage around 30-40.

Don't forget a helmet, and do wear a thick jacket and boots on highway runs.

Thunderbird - only buy an enfield if you want to buy an enfield.
Duke 200 - purpose built - is extremely light & fast and will have a learning curve.
I guess the pulsar/ZMR are inherently commuters with that extra oomph to set them apart from the bread and butter models.

All will have mileage around 30-40.

Don't forget a helmet, and do wear a thick jacket and boots on highway runs.

I and my dad are tend towards Thunderbird 350 ! don't have budget else 500 ver. Eyes closed !

I have heared some problems with Thunderbird 350 like :

1) Sitting problem .
2) not good for riding above 90 kmph !
3) some fuel indicator problems and other stuff !

I am single in family so some times I will need to carry my mom and dad together too.

And as I told I am totally new to this segment, really confused for where to go form here on ! :confused:

1. The new TB riding position is not ideal, but you can adjust it, for 200km a month it will not matter
2. 90 is roughly the limit for continuous riding, it is happiest at 80 (and in all honesty you really don't need to go beyond that for any real reason)
3.Its an Enfield, the electricals are a lottery. either they will work 100% or 0%.

I would not recommend an Enfield as a first bike. You would be better off with an avenger if you want a cruiser, or a pulsar if you want a commuter that is capable of high speed.

1. The new TB riding position is not ideal, but you can adjust it, for 200km a month it will not matter
2. 90 is roughly the limit for continuous riding, it is happiest at 80 (and in all honesty you really don't need to go beyond that for any real reason)
3.Its an Enfield, the electricals are a lottery. either they will work 100% or 0%.

I would not recommend an Enfield as a first bike. You would be better off with an avenger if you want a cruiser, or a pulsar if you want a commuter that is capable of high speed.
He is a geek. Geeks are different :) He can go for Enfield as his first bike. He will learn fast. Its no rocket science.

He is a geek. Geeks are different :) He can go for Enfield as his first bike. He will learn fast. Its no rocket science.

Its not about "learning" the fact is if you buy an enfield because it is cool to own one (for the moment it is) then the minute the niggles show themselves with regularity (and they will) he will get frustrated.

Source: Multiple friends who bought REs because I bought one and they thought it looked cool.

All i am saying is if he knows what he is getting into, by all means, get a TB350, it won't disappoint.

And is there much a difference in the feel of riding a Tb 350 vs. Tb 500 at same speed like from 60 kmph to 80 kmph ?

And if I go for Tb 350 what care I should take before buying one and after getting the delivery ?????

I think I will skip Thunderbird for now :p

I need power speed and stability to !

I Like riding on high speed !

I have also rided a activa at 90 kmph constant for 3 hrs on nh1 ! And felt like having more speed !

May be when I grow younger like in 30's or plus I shall choose one for riding it in city with my wife :D

So now what else I have left is ??????

1) Pulser ns 200
2)Zmr new which is not displayed at show room but they told will be displayed till the end of the month !
3) duke 200 is also questionable as I havent found a showroom here near by displaying one ! Will have to check with bajaj I think :p

Any more suggestings are most welcome !

One question for pulser ns 200 - how r yhe tirers ????? I have hered that the default one r bad in rainy season :(
Slipping issus it seems ! Is it true ?

Bullets need proper running in. Most people don't have patience with it (which means most of the riders) I took mine to all the places and far beyond mentioned in the blog below and it turned out to be more reliable than I thought it was. Nothing major happened after 45 days on road/4000 kms. Anyways I know Bullets are not for everyone.

The next bet is Avenger 220 Liquid cooled. Low maintenance cruiser. You won't get tired.
PS: Use spell check mate :)
I think I will skip Thunderbird for now :p

I need power speed and stability to !

I Like riding on high speed !

I have also rided a activa at 90 kmph constant for 3 hrs on nh1 ! And felt like having more speed !

May be when I grow younger like in 30's or plus I shall choose one for riding it in city with my wife :D

So now what else I have left is ??????

1) Pulser ns 200
2)Zmr new which is not displayed at show room but they told will be displayed till the end of the month !
3) duke 200 is also questionable as I havent found a showroom here near by displaying one ! Will have to check with bajaj I think :p

Any more suggestings are most welcome !

One question for pulser ns 200 - how r yhe tirers ????? I have hered that the default one r bad in rainy season :(
Slipping issus it seems ! Is it true ?

Triples with dad and mom? better go for a second hand car in this budget instead of going for a motorcycle.

In some case only ! Car is not an option for me !

Bike is something I wish to have ! And even my dad !

What sort of requirements do you have. Weird.

I was asking that some time in emergency bike should have ability to carry three people without much discomfort!

Travelling issue in area :-(

Rest I want a ride which give good mileage and can run beyond 100 kmph without vibration!

do you know carrying 3 people on a bike is illegal even in India aside from the fact that, its absolutely dangerous.

I used to take my mom some times on my r15 and it was a comfy bike.
if you still insist that you want to carry 3 people, dont buy a bike with monoshock. they usually bottom with heavy load. just go for 150cc cbz or pulsar.

Back