Tikona Digital Networks Wireless Broadband (Nominal Rates)

wireless is never effective unless until much money is spent on infrastructure.

I don't find any technology better than adsl (new versions) ryt now...

coolraghav said:
wireless is never effective unless until much money is spent on infrastructure.

I don't find any technology better than adsl (new versions) ryt now...

p.s. one's which are available

Thank God, i escaped.

These dogs offered me to take connection free of cost from them and in return they asked my terrace for mounting their unit. This is subject to a period of 3 yrs contract. I told them that I havent heard anything good about their CC or connection either .
So they were willing to pay Rs.1000 for using my terrace . I demanded only 200 extra. On that day they left and never turned back.
Anyway i dint agree to the 3 yrs contract.

Hi all!
Want to tell you about secure VPN service which allows you to surf the internet anonymously and safely and bypass proxy servers and filters imposed by your ISP, office or school.
By using a secure and anonymous connection you can get full internet access in places that censor or block your connection and full protection at open Wifi hotspots.
Use Skype, ICQ and MSN, download torrents and access any website you like when traveling to countries that block these programs, so it is perfect of ex-pats and business users.

Benefits of using our VPN service:
- Provides a layer of security and anonymity
- Bypass your ISP restrictions
- Download torrents 24 hours a day
- Use Skype, Yahoo and Google Talk in Middle East and Asia
- Access poker/gambling/adult sites anonymously from anywhere
- We give you a new IP address from any of 10 countries

Our servers are located in Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Israel, Great Britain, Canada, United States, Malaysia and Estonia.

Our prices
Our prices starts from $0.31 for 3 hours or $1.3 for 1 day!
We accept most Credit Cards and all accounts are created automatically after payment.
Check full price list through the link at the bottom of this message.

Affiliate program
Can you find new customers? We're ready to pay for it.
You will recieve 20% from attracted customer's payment on your own account.

So, if you are interested, click this link to find out all our advantages!

p.s. Dear moderator. Probably I submitted this post to wrong category. I apologize for this. Please move this thread to proper category and I'll be able to post news and discounts here. Thanks!

Tikona is much more expensive than Airtel. I’m paying Rs. 3,373 (including taxes) for a 2Mbps unlimited connection on Airtel and Tikona wants Rs. 5,000 (plus taxes) for the same plan. What’s more, Airtel actually offers the 2Mbps unlimited plan at Rs. 2,000 (plus taxes) in most cities, but they are still charging us the higher amount in Delhi/NCR. That’s what is pissing me off!

onlyravi said:
I called their customer support thrice in last 2 months.

Idiots take all my details and say that they will call back in 48hours but they dont. When I follow up they say that connection is not available in my area. The society next to my house(hardly 20mtrs) has the Tikona service. :(

I even tried to get their engineers to my place so that they could see for them self and give me a connection but no body has come yet :((

I want to switch from TATA as its the most horrible ISP I have ever seen.

Try out Reliance/Airtel if it is there in your area. Their service and uptime is much better than TATA.. in Pune atleast.

i got good speed 2mbps where i have apply 8 hour ago after :O at my new plan 600 kbps at FUL 799 R.S at no cable requirement but it is wireless technology and very faster :D u can use small access point on the terrace where i have use upto 33 meter ;) and ran no issue :O

http://www.tikona.in/chennai.php?mid=13 (new plan :)

i cancel bsnl due to frustration speed connection issue up and down higher speed at low server :mad: and worst speed :no2: sometimes it auto 30 kb to 55 kb at worst crap service area

also here the screen-shot of u-torrent download speed and ton of movie just small show off :p where i get torrent around 150-200 kb :D

200kbsatnewtikona.jpg

By arunpethachi at 2010-04-05

I would advise everyone to stay away from this isp (atleast for now) until they establish their connection or only go for it if they have an access point in your building.

I am currently thinking of getting my relation ended with this isp because the connection and speed are getting more and more unstable day by day.

Unless you want a huge headache of calling their customer care everyday and get your line fixed (which they probably cant because its wireless and there is a huge packet loss unless the access point is very close..i.e. you own building) go for an isp with reputation or after getting personal reviews from the person actually using the isp currently. And also go for a wireline broadband instead of wireless...life seems to go much smoother with them :eek:hyeah:

Finally got Tikona. The process was quick as they got the formalaties done on saturday and setup the connection on sunday.
The only problem now is that the access point is abt 500mts away from my building and the line of sight is not really that clear. Though this can be worked out if I increase the hieght of the receiver on my terrace I am still working on it. The speed is quite random for my 1mbps plan(XFUL1399) ranging from 170kbits to 450kbits d/l speed currently. the upload varies from 400 to 1mbps. strange.

Though I dont like the web logon and their dialler s/w is very buggy at the moment.
I am still happy to have it as this was the only BB I could get in my area(BSNL is also thr). Other 4-5 ppl have opted for Tikona in my society. I hope they will add a access point nearby soon......

onlyravi said:
Finally got Tikona. The process was quick as they got the formalaties done on saturday and setup the connection on sunday.
The only problem now is that the access point is abt 500mts away from my building and the line of sight is not really that clear. Though this can be worked out if I increase the hieght of the receiver on my terrace I am still working on it. The speed is quite random for my 1mbps plan(XFUL1399) ranging from 170kbits to 450kbits d/l speed currently. the upload varies from 400 to 1mbps. strange.

Though I dont like the web logon and their dialler s/w is very buggy at the moment.
I am still happy to have it as this was the only BB I could get in my area(BSNL is also thr). Other 4-5 ppl have opted for Tikona in my society. I hope they will add a access point nearby soon......

Did you check the wireless quality using pingtest.net ?

Many people just check the speed of their connection using speedtest.net or some other similar service but they fail to check the connection quality which is more important than the speed itself.

Considering the distance of your connection from the access point, i would want to check the connection quality.

Dont accept anything other than B Quality since most of the online applications stop working correctly beyond this quality level.

Let us know the feedback here so that others can benifit from your experience.

@Striker: I will check the same tonite and post my findings. Where exactly do you want me to check the connection quality? pls name me a few sites. Though I will be using the speedtest test also.

Also I think the speed has a lot to do wioth the contention ratio of your plan.
For 1mbps there were two plans available.
1)in the SME segment with contention ratio 1:8
2)in Home segment with contention ratio of 1:40 :p

I took the SME plan in which you have to pay Rs300 extra for istallation. which is one time only. Also I am getting a static IP free for a year(yet to get).
I think I will wait for a month or so before giving a verdict about TDN.

And as I said this was the only option available for me so I had to go for it :)

onlyravi said:
@Striker: I will check the same tonite and post my findings. Where exactly do you want me to check the connection quality? pls name me a few sites. Though I will be using the speedtest test also.

Also I think the speed has a lot to do wioth the contention ratio of your plan.
For 1mbps there were two plans available.
1)in the SME segment with contention ratio 1:8
2)in Home segment with contention ratio of 1:40 :p

I took the SME plan in which you have to pay Rs300 extra for istallation. which is one time only. Also I am getting a static IP free for a year(yet to get).
I think I will wait for a month or so before giving a verdict about TDN.

And as I said this was the only option available for me so I had to go for it :)
I do not know of any other than pingtest.net. I completely trust pingtest since it is a part of the makers of speedtest.net which has been consistent for me for years and i totally trust their verdict on speed check.

I use speedtest.net for checking speeds
and pingtest.net for connection quality.

Others who use similar service may post the same here.

This is the best that I could get. Though must say that there is a HUGE fluctuation in the speeds. Just talked to the engineer and he said they may install an access point in my building itself.

779799196.png

Strange thing is that I dont get normal d/l speeds but torrents d/l at 70~75(560~600)kBps. And the uploads are also damn good. Upload speed of my plan is 512 and I get above 700kbps lol.... :D

Back