Tikona wireless broadband Feedback thread

Yeah using in Mumbai since more than 2yrs. No issues though occasionally in rains it sucks. No connection or low speeds or no surfing. But their CC service is satisfactory. Guy visits within 2 days and issue gets resolved.

Yes it was but at my old place where Tata was the lead and tikona peeped in between for a war with its bad service and high rate packages. So people who got carried away to tikona revert back to tata.

Even I was against tikona.

But thats not the case in the area I shifted to. There's no wired local cablenet type isp till now so either have to opt for photon type net or tikona.
We used MTS and Airtel photon for a year but it was getting too costly and with pathetic speeds at times. Then tried Tikona for some months and since then no looking back. Plans are cheap and ample data.

Yes tikona sucks but thankfully in my area, no other option and tikona is serving very well to every household.

Whats there for feedback.. :p .. It is the worst internet provider in India, bar none(may be except for very very a few handful of customers in certain places).. Its all over the internet.. just google.. If you call them the speed goes up for 30 misn after that you are back to 2G era speed, not matter what plans. Occasionally it will be good for 2-3 hours in a day.. Yes, if no other cheap option then its good for home surfing needs.. I .e through wifi you can use your cellphones whatsapp, without worrying about the package.

See i agree its one of the pathetic providers since long back and I too use to think the same.
But now the thinking has changed. Downloading and every activity is a breeze. Bro downloads 10-15gigs data/month incl. games, movies, torrents etc. and get proper speed as per the ratio. So no -ve words at least for now.

@nRiTeCh you might be the only person advocating for Tikona in India :D. I know more than 10 locations in Mumbai (know people in Delhi and Pune too who hate Tikona) where my friends used and hated Tikona. Our society (of over 840 families) removed Tikonas' set-up from the society premises after using it for 6 months.

@nRiTeCh is not alone. Even I am having a pleasant experience with Tikona. [emoji33]

I have had horrible experiences with Sify and Hathway. So far for me, Tikona is better than them.

@aman.pitbull I dont like to advocate or be a fanboy to any specific product/ service. May be me myselves and my area itself is lucky enough to get impressive uninterrupted service and CC service from tikona. Thats it!

Hathway is a big time sucker everywhere . Their link goes down at any moment and their CC is a PITA. Everything happens only after 48hrs. Though still surviving on hathway in Pune.
BTW we go tikona as well in Pune but its pathetic here so would prefer suffering with Hathway.

End of the day Its like a gamble, some best providers may suck at times and the worst sucker may provide hi-class service as well. Your luck your zone.

Is there anybody using Tikona around the Park Circus Area in Kolkata??

After the demise of Alliance in our area I had to move to Tata Photon Max wifi but 40 GB is a wee bit tiny for me..:(

What you mean...?
I mean for most of the plans only 2 simultaneous logins are allowed...

So what if two devices are connected to the same router..
if the mac id registered with tikona is of the router's ...does that mean all the devices connected to it would be considered as a single login

Well as everybody is posting there experiences about Tikona, I will also like to contribute my experience. I have beeen a long term user of Tikona services i.e. more than two years. I never has an issue with them till two months back when they had some tower trouble at their end & instead of helping or giving me a definite time line they kept making a fool out of me, while lingering the issue. My bone of contention with them was when their so called engineer visited my premises told me every thing is fine & he will be coming next day for visit to configure my rooftop device & that next day was never ther & after regular calls & shouting at them I asked them to take out my connection which they happily obliged.

Last edited:
Back