Budget 10-15K Time to replace Moto G3, after 3 yrs legacy & love

Doremon

Adept
Dudes, its time to upgrade by replacing old Moto G3, a true legacy of 3 yrs behind!. Gifted by wify on bday and G3 is still running without a single leg!....... Super performer, loving it but now multitasking, loads, storage and speed are the prime requirement and hence tickling this post to get the right choice!

1. Budget?

A: INR 10k-15k (on a very tight budget, wish to save a single penny)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6" fix. I checked Nokia new 6.1, 7.1 but screen size 5.8" feel tiny and small. Would like to stick to min 6". Well, not sure on IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD as I hv zero knowledge here:p

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, preferably with last two generation. No Apple and Windows phone though.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G volte and above

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No LG, Vivo, Oppo like brand.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A : Speed+storage+battery life+smooth & fast operation+ easy interface+decent music quality+style with build quality are the prime factors.
Standard photo/video quality expected.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New only. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: At least 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal memory, expandable to 256 GB min.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Confused with so many new entrants in this segment. So no specific model but inclined towards Xiaomi, Samsung, Moto, Honor .....

Thanks.

Last edited:
End of an era ..

The days when some one would ask what phone and twenty people would say MOTO G :)
Old Moto proved it and still stands for those twenty people ..... sadly Lenovo killed that legacy... Damn it. ..:cry:

Edit : ADD: Even Redmi Note 3 (Daughter first phone) with stunning performance still alive ..... after Moto, I highly impressed on RN 3...... speed, screen, steel body, interface....just wow! If not discontinued, I no need to post this and buy it with closed eye!

You can consider Redmi Note 7 Pro (Note 7s as well, but it ships with Samsung's sensor and I've got no idea about it! But reviews say it is not bad) and also, Realme 3 Pro. Having used them both, they both offer good performance, battery life is pretty great as well!

Old Moto proved it and still stands for those twenty people ..... sadly Lenovo killed that legacy... Damn it. ..:cry:

Edit : ADD: Even Redmi Note 3 (Daughter first phone) with stunning performance still alive ..... after Moto, I highly impressed on RN 3...... speed, screen, steel body, interface....just wow! If not discontinued, I no need to post this and buy it with closed eye!
I don't think Lenovo killed it. Xiaomi did. You have the answer already. By 2015 people were recommending the Redmi Note 3 and that is why Moto Gs got beat.

In Brazil, Moto still rules because Xiaomi and other Chinese phones aren't easily available there yet. Same in the UK. They still hold the Moto G in high esteem.

You can consider Redmi Note 7 Pro (Note 7s as well, but it ships with Samsung's sensor and I've got no idea about it! But reviews say it is not bad) and also, Realme 3 Pro. Having used them both, they both offer good performance, battery life is pretty great as well!
Good choice but paying around 15k just for 48mp lens wouldn't be my inclination.

I shortlisted 3 piceses :

Redmi Note 7, Sam A30 and Sam M20 (on a lightening deal Amazon, can save few bucks too)

Is there any notable differences between A and M series?. I don't know!

Any closure notes from user/expert.?

Good choice but paying around 15k just for 48mp lens wouldn't be my inclination.

Redmi Note 7, Sam A30 and Sam M20 (on a lightening deal Amazon, can save few bucks too)

It's not just that. You have SD675 which offers a little more performance over 660. Note 7 has been replaced by a 7s now btw! Samsung phones are nowhere near these phones when it comes to performance and Value for money.

Don't get the Samsung phones at this budget. They are much inferior than the competition.

For 11k, RN7s is a great phone. If you shell out a bit more for RN7 Pro then you will get a processor which is faster than anything under 18k and a much superior camera. You cannot go wrong with any of these.

It's spin off/branched out from Oppo. So consider it as reliable as Oppo is. To supplement more info, Oppo, Vivo and OnePlus are from same parent company, BBK Electronics.
Clears my doubt on inferior quality for Real me.
It's not just that. You have SD675 which offers a little more performance over 660. Note 7 has been replaced by a 7s now btw! Samsung phones are nowhere near these phones when it comes to performance and Value for money.
Thanks. Paying 3-4k more just to get 675 against 660 wouldn't attract me. Of course, superior camera but not useful for me. I'm not at all targeting photography/vdo. I better to stick to RN 7s ...

To all friends here :
Why so many hates for Samsung A and M new series. It looks cool and fanatic.
Pl through the light what inferiority carries compare to RN.

Thanks

Why so many hates for Samsung A and M new series. It looks cool and fanatic.
Pl through the light what inferiority carries compare to RN.

Thanks
Because Samsung is still playing the same game of charging a premium just because it is Samsung.

For the same price their phones have inferior performance. The Exynos processors lag behind their counterparts. The cameras are very average.

Why buy them when you can get a better product for your money.

Exynos processor r lagging...!
Any technical insight or customer feedback...?!

Sorry, I still can't understand dejection of the brand like Samsung with facts and figures!

Mods /Techys : pl advice

Exynos processor r lagging...!
Any technical insight or customer feedback...?!

Sorry, I still can't understand dejection of the brand like Samsung with facts and figures!

Mods /Techys : pl advice

You can observe performance difference.

M40 is with a SD 600 series processor. First decent budget/midranger from Samsung in a long time ! But holy ****, the lower priced variants come with SAMOLED, and M40 skips on it. Such a shame.
Could have been a killer phone at that price with the SAMOLED display.
Still a good effort from Samsung.

View attachment 80674

You can observe performance difference.
thanks.
RN 7 Pro superior in chipset (675), GPU and Camera while comparing with RN 7 and RN 7s. I believe its on high price tag around 15k........... Not my call
RN Note 7s superior in camera than RN 7.... ofcourse, I assume its on higher price tag than RN7..... Not my call.
..... balance left RN 7....
I am going to grab it dude...
any deal at present ?

thanks.
RN 7 Pro superior in chipset (675), GPU and Camera while comparing with RN 7 and RN 7s. I believe its on high price tag around 15k........... Not my call
RN Note 7s superior in camera than RN 7.... ofcourse, I assume its on higher price tag than RN7..... Not my call.
..... balance left RN 7....
I am going to grab it dude...
any deal at present ?
I think RN7S would be a smart pick..for just 1K more than RN7 u get a very good camera sensor. It's available now without any flash sale. There is no offer on it, except an exchange offer. Check out on Flipkart, buddy.

Dude get RN 7. I got myself RN 7 Pro 6g/126gb and I don't have words to express how happy I'm after upgrading my phone after 4 yrs from then flagship Xperia Z3. Still enjoying it stock but will soon unlock it to experiment and expericne more as I do with all devicers.

Nevertheless, for your budget go with the suggestions.. RN 7 or 7s or Realme.
But you already got budget of 15k I would say do some jugaad and get RN7 Pro for 16999 and you wont regret for couple of years to come.
Still your call EOD!

**I'm not saying go for it just coz I did but I did researched for few months before zeroing down on it else Poco F1 was my choice initially (budget 24k) But really didnt need that 845 as I dont and never ever gonna play Pubg etc games.

Back