Timeline - New kind of profile in facebook.

Okay, I have been tinkering with the new "Timeline" feature from the past few hours and I must say I am hugely impressed. Every aspect of your timeline is fully customizeable, as in you have complete control over which posts you want to share and which ones you want to hide. It is nothing new actually, it was all there before but it has been made to look much more organized and clean now. The layout itself is fantastic.

I would also like to ask people trolling in this thread, how exactly is the new feature a stalker's delight? Have you even used/activated the feature before commenting here? As I said, every aspect of your timeline is fully customizeable and you have full control over what you want to share and with whom. How does it then make it a stalker's delight? I am assuming you haven't added your imaginary stalkers to your friend list here. :|

bluffy I am not getting how to hide / apply privacy settings in timeline. Can you tell me ?

And also is it possible to hide completely from few people ?

^Just go to your privacy settings, rest everything is explained there step by step.

And yes, you can hide posts from certain people if you want to. For that you will have to divide you friends into different "lists". For example I have the following lists made up : Family, Close Friends, School Friends, College Friends, Office Friends, Acquaintances, Online friends. Now if I want to share my vacation pics only with my family, all I have to do is select "Family" in the post option. You will have to do this individually for each post though.

Hell, you can even make your post visible to only a select few friends, for example if there is something you only want your girlfriend to see, you can make your posts visible only to her.

OKay let me check...

Say if I had posted some status & made it is visible to only few of my friends. Those privacy settings still apply in Timeline also ?

I am not too sure about your Past status messages, but you should be able to modify it again in your timeline if they are visible to everyone. Basically everything you have done since joining facebook can be modified (hide/delete/visible to few) in your timeline.

by complaining with stalker delight I don't think any guy would imply to himself. :)

lol.....who cares...any if anyone stalking me, unless some g@y, I would assume that'd some girl - woooo....I'd love that. :p

(okay, no more kidding. m getting married next month.) :tongue:

actually my concern was for the less 'techy' (non geeky/nerdy) fellas.

one of my friend (asst manager at SBI) told me he still uses Orkut (ain't dead yet) - and only 'techy' guys uses(moved from orkut) facebook. and later I realised to some extend he was true - many of my friends are still in orkut - finds facebook clumsy. may be ppl are to adamant to adopt.

and same trend is now with people moving/using g+.

and for those people who never care to change those privacy settings - it may be a bit concern.

and also, if you have seen, *WE* are not very good adopting any change easily. For example - everytime there's some change in FB, people starts saying 'I want the old thing back' - this is who we are !!! :)

Just going through feeds and found this article on facebook privacy.

Here it is

Feels rather than updating something, my whole time will get consumed to get the privacy settings right :bleh:

Time to shift to Google+......

Back