Times Network acquires Digit from 9.9 media

OMEGA44-XT

Skilled
I was an avid reader of digit magazines in late 2000s & early 2010s, preferred it over Chip magazine. In 2000s, it was the only way for me to try out new game demos or interesting software from their bundles disks. I have been a part of their forum since 2008 as well, no idea what future of forum holds but TE has surely surpassed the digit forum years ago.

Dang. I was in the 7th and 8th grade when I used to read Digit. I'm now done with college and the name was like a blast from my past. I loved to read Skoar! magazine for the gaming reviews and they had this tiny book where they taught a lot of practical information. It was super useful and I did a few hobby projects when I was in school. I still had some of the gaming posters like NFS 2015 and the likes. They used to sell these magazines in stores but well before COVID, they stopped it, not sure why.

Had Chip magazine subscription before Jasubhai gave up on the rights to rename it to Digit. If I remember right, Chip did make a comeback later with Viacom but I stuck to Digit for continuity.

In the early years, it was mainly to get the content on CD/DVD as downloading even freeware/shareware on dialup was a pain. I switched to the digital subscription later as I didn't need the disc contents anymore but felt it lacked content-wise compared to international PC magazines available on Magzter and such.

Guess it didn't have much of a reason to exist thereafter apart from the forums which I stopped visiting well over a decade ago.

I remember winning a free 6 month subscription when it started as Digit leading to subscription for 4 years. As years progressed, my potato PC could no longer handle all free games demos on those CD/DVD lol.

Last edited:
Back