Tips for timepass in Kolkata

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
Hi All,

I will be in Kolkata tomorrow and will be done with my work by 1 PM.
My return flight is only at 7 PM, what to do for 4-5 hours, any sights/places to see?
Any TE Members place to crash into and play TF2 perhaps? :p. Suggestions?

Kolkata is the most conservative city in India. So forget about girls..!!

Well...you can visit Victoria Memorial.

Have some live p0*n at Eliot Park..!! :p

You can also consider watching classic movies at Nadan.

Or if you are an artist visit the Art Gallery beside Nandan. Birla Planetarium is also good. All these are on Rabindra Sadan.

Otherwise have some good time at Bars, Discos at Park Street. Someplace Else at Park Street is a must for music lovers specially Jazz, Blues, Rock. If you are an Historic person then there is Museum there also.

Or have some shopping at Esplanade...!!

Or you can consider visiting red-light area Sonargarchi at Sobhabazar Sutanuti :p

Or have some greenery look at Maidan..!!

Other places will be tough to cover within the time span you mentioned. :D

Like you can visit Nicco Park, Science City, Aquatica etc but that would need a whole day. But I think you can cover Millenium Park and have a ride on Streamers that would cross by Howrah Bridge. :)

4-5 hours is less for the red-light area thingy, I like to take things slow and easy you see so thats ruled out, plus I'll be in a business suit so it might attract undue attention :p :lol:. The Art gallery thingy sounds nice, will put it on my list. Where exactly is "Maidan"? I'd like to see some greenery.

Well...Maidan means "field" in english. There are many fields where footballs and crickets are coached. So if you like grass Maidan is for you :p BTW seriously Maidan looks awesome if it's raining..!! :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ohh I missed College Street if you are book lover..!! :) You'll get some awesome discount there. :)

krishnandu said:
Kolkata is the most conservative city in India. So forget about girls..!!

Well...you can visit Victoria Memorial.

Have some live p0*n at Eliot Park..!! :p

You can also consider watching classic movies at Nadan.

Or if you are an artist visit the Art Gallery beside Nandan. Birla Planetarium is also good. All these are on Rabindra Sadan.

Otherwise have some good time at Bars, Discos at Park Street. Someplace Else at Park Street is a must for music lovers specially Jazz, Blues, Rock. If you are an Historic person then there is Museum there also.

Or have some shopping at Esplanade...!!

Or you can consider visiting red-light area Sonargarchi at Sobhabazar Sutanuti :p

Or have some greenery look at Maidan..!!

Other places will be tough to cover within the time span you mentioned. :D

Like you can visit Nicco Park, Science City, Aquatica etc but that would need a whole day. But I think you can cover Millenium Park and have a ride on Streamers that would cross by Howrah Bridge. :)
Looks like he ain't coming back for a week :)

grab some rest at the airport terminal. you don't want to be stuck in the lousy traffic the city has.

Darthcoder said:
4-5 hours is less for the red-light area thingy, I like to take things slow and easy you see so thats ruled out, plus I'll be in a business suit so it might attract undue attention :p :lol:. The Art gallery thingy sounds nice, will put it on my list. Where exactly is "Maidan"? I'd like to see some greenery.
Well...I'm not suggesting you crap area..!! It's govt. registered. So no worry of Police Case..!! Just fun :p

Darthcoder said:
Is Salt Lake Stadium open for tours or anything? If nothing I'll go there :D
Ya...I was about to ask that. Where exactly you'll be going. Well if it's salt lake then Salt Lake Stadium, Swabhumi are the place you can consider. If by any means you love physics Science City is must for you. Or have a great lunch at China Town, I'd suggest Big Boss..!! :)

malhotraraul said:
Looks like he ain't coming back for a week :)
Hehehe..!! :D

STATUTORY WARNING : Don't break any rules that a civilian should consider. It's Puja time and Police Uncles are eagerly waiting for incomes..!! :D

As you are not from Delhi, Metro ride would be a nice experience..!! The proud of Kolkata..!!

There is also Fort William, Golf Club (Asia's biggest gold course), South City (Asia's biggest shopping Mall), Race course(if you are horse lover) :)

National Library, Alipur Zoo are also nice places to consider.

I think I'll go to the Salt Lake stadium, Can I go inside it?Is it open to public? And if i have some more time then the Art gallery near Nandan.

Thanks for your help guys!! :D.

If you don't want to take the trouble of missing your flight, do not stray into the city. Kolkata's traffic jams are a nightmare, and you would not want to get stuck in them.

Back