Tips needed on avoiding cold in winter

Hi guys,

I need help in reliving myself from cold during winters. The problem is i sit under AC for atleast 8-9 hours a day. This has made my life miserable. I always have stuffy nose and have to sleep sideways .

I am avoiding milk products, sweeteners and I drink lot of water. But nothing seems to have helped me.

Need some suggestions on avoiding cold and also suggest some herbal medicines to increase immunity against cold.

Dont rule out it being an allergy. Just a blocked\stuffy nose seems to indicate that. An antihistamine will help with that.

If it is indeed a cold, then you can use zinc as an expectorant. But that is only useful before you actually get the cold.

As usual, I would advise you to go see a doctor than asking strangers for medical advice :p

Only for therapeutic purpose...

1. Start doing some exercise
  2. Drink warm water
  3. Dabur Chavanprash to increase immunity
  4. Take herbal tea

If the source is allergy then you need medical assistance.. There are many anti histaminic & prophylactic steroid spray recommended by physicians after through examination... Visit a doctor...

lol. any company i work in, i get a seat just near the ac so i get the full blast of air on me. years and years of this and even winters seem hot to me now.

the only thing that worked for me when i got a cold was to eat a small garlic clove raw with a glass of room temp water before going to bed. the cold used to subside by next morning and no need of turning in bed to breathe too.

i too have the same problem, i cant switch off ac cos its centralized at office..
i have dust allergy, all the ent's suggest is to avoid dust/pollen

if u waash ur face in cold wate in the mornings, do u sneeze?

Eat Oranges. if its a dust allergy, and you sit in a air conditioned envoirnment, it usually helps. if it happens even in an ac environment, then its probably a cold.

Drink some tea. It always helps me. Hot showers as well. If nothing else, you will feel a bit relaxed :p

salluks said:
i too have the same problem, i cant switch off ac cos its centralized at office..

i have dust allergy, all the ent's suggest is to avoid dust/pollen

if u waash ur face in cold wate in the mornings, do u sneeze?

yep, i sneeze continuously for 5 -10 mins in the morning

nothing much u can do... avoid dust/pollen, wear a tight fully covered helmet if on 2 wheeler. there's a good ENT near Frazer town i can suggest, but that's what they all say :(

with a nasal spray and few medicines.

vinay_0007 said:
yep, i sneeze continuously for 5 -10 mins in the morning

Adding to above, If at all you get sneezing once, it will continue for a long time?

Also These sneezing are due to running nose ?

I think these are the symptoms of Sinus. Try reaching to Homeopathy doc, They are known for curing this with out a surgery :) ..

Hope I am not scaring you...:hap2:

Visit Mumbai.
Temperature falls by a single degree and a person exclaims, "Oh God! It is so cold I have to buy a sweater."
Next day everyone is greeted by scorching hot sun.

Wear inner, T-shirt, shirt, sweater, gloves, muffler, monkey-cap, socks, trek-shoes to your office if they wont listen to u to turn up the temps & say health-prob. I didnt do any of this but I had same prob prob, I used to yell @ the facility guys to turn up the temp.

Of course another solution, have rum every night (or day if u work nights) & u will wake up all sweaty, so no cold prob & dead sleep. Of course this opinion may be biased as I am under. Excuze me plz, aaaarrrgh.

Okay on a more serious note.

1. Buy Inhalade drops.
2. Either add 2-3 drops in boiling water and inhale the steam for 10-15 mins.
or
Put it on a Handkerchief and sniff it for 10-15 mins.
This should fix the cold and also fix ear ache.

By ear ache I mean: You sense an acute pain when you insert your finger in the ear. Sneezing causes a lot of pain. You feel as if a separate layer of skin exists or something has got detached from the ear drum. You hear a strange noise as if a packet is caught in the ear.

Hmm .. does anyone else have this ? If I wake up really early ( thats like 5 AM or 6 AM or earlier for me .. since I usually wake up at 7:30 on class days and 10-12 or later on holidays) .. I tend to sneeze a few times ... sometimes continuously 3 or 4 times nonstop a few minutes after I have started walking around. Anyone else get that?

Back