TN Vs IPS which is better?

well IPS is much better ,u can find ips based 22inch lcds like dell 2209wa.

as u move to a bigger screen u will see more color variation and contrast shift from 1 end to other in TN panels,while ips based are virtualy immune to this problem

For gaming TN is better.

Although IPS does have better quality , but it isn't vfm especially for those who like to change their panels every now and then. It may also have input lag issues..

Newer IPS panels have improved on the response times so lesser input lag issues there. IPS>>>TN any day but yeah expensive needless to say.

IPS is surely better than any TN u can compare with ...

i have used all most of the dell tn panels and also their e-ips and S-pva and S-ips panels...

my verdict:

S-ips > S-pva > E-IPS > TN

IPS is a superior and costlier technology. It mainly focuses on colour and IPS panels have some of the widest colour gamuts.

TN is basically a value technology. Although some feel TN panels are getting closer to their peers (IPS, MVA, PVA), TN remains inferior in terms of contrast ratio and especially viewing angles.

IPS did have issues with pixel response, but revisions and S-IPS made this better.

Personally I have found MVA panels to offer superb contrast ratios, better than IPS and PVA and this is often more important for multimedia users (movies, gaming) than colour purity.

Dinesh has obviously never used a P-MVA panel...

^ your sig - India died after "indepedence"? Or did you mean impedance? We should've gone tubes :p

^^For gaming TN is better? Yeah right. Shitty viewing angles are only acceptable for 19-inch monitors and below, after that it gets downright annoying...

Back