Graphic Cards To wait or not to wait !!!

I have a budget of 8k for a GPU guys.Many forums are abuzz with talks of hd 7k series.So, im in a dilemma now.To go for a change now or wait for the next gen.My present gfx is a HD 4770 and psu is vx 450

Go and buy a new GPU, it will take some time for the 7 series cards to come to India, and also for prices of existing products to drop. If you can wait for another 6 months, then fine.

Radeon 4770 still hold its ground and is a very good card. I don't actually understand why people shell out money to get the bleeding edge technology just for the sake of bunch of fps or shaving some seconds.

I still use an IGP and have been waiting to get a card for me. But every time I plan to buy I end up shelling it for some other things.

As for as your query, HD 4770 is a great card. Buy a new card only if you care about synthetic benchmarks and couple of FPS. Nothing else, if you can wait I will say wait for the Radeon 7 series, it will being new architecture + XDR memory with PCI3.0 support, a handy upgrade I'll say and do not forget better power saving feature courtesy 28nm desgin. Spending now will be a sheer waste of money.

if you can wait for a month then just look at the benchmarks of new 7 series if rumors have to be believed then it should be ~15% better performer than existing 6 series and less power consuming

u have vx450 so i would suggest 7 series for its power consumption

1- VX450 + better 7 series card
2- PSU upgrade + lower end card

i would go for option 1 without touching my PSU and getting better GPU

darkstar @ get a card buddy

wait wait wait, save the money on PSU upgrade and get a better, more power efficient Series 7 card instead.

THe VX450 can easily handle the HD7870 if the leaked specifications are right, hell even the HD7950.

darkstar @ get a card buddy

There is no need as of now. I don't game, the only thing I do graphics intensive is rendering BLUE Ray and 1080p contents.

Will get a graphics card if I need, APUs as of now does fine.

Dark Star said:
Radeon 4770 still hold its ground and is a very good card. I don't actually understand why people shell out money to get the bleeding edge technology just for the sake of bunch of fps or shaving some seconds.

I still use an IGP and have been waiting to get a card for me. But every time I plan to buy I end up shelling it for some other things.

As for as your query, HD 4770 is a great card. Buy a new card only if you care about synthetic benchmarks and couple of FPS. Nothing else, if you can wait I will say wait for the Radeon 7 series, it will being new architecture + XDR memory with PCI3.0 support, a handy upgrade I'll say and do not forget better power saving feature courtesy 28nm desgin. Spending now will be a sheer waste of money.

Thanks a lot! Decided to wait.All i care about is playable fps and decent eye candy :D

Same here..using igp since long time and every time i decide to buy a gpu, the upgrade thing really confuses me and so the inputs from everybody. So as of now theres no need for me and will buy a gfx card some time next year probably ;)

Back