Tonights gonna be a good night for my xbox360

farookh

Disciple
Hi Guys,
Since LT was released i planned to open my xbox and do a couple of mods all at once.
Here what i planned.
1.Convert my 60gb to 250gb
2.Re-set the Heatsinks with MX and add some more coolers.
3.Convert my NTSC to Pal
4.Most Ambitious Jtag my console load XBReboot and run all games from HDD
without orig disc
5.Xexmenu so that i can Ftp to the xbox to tr the games on hdd directly from ISO dont even need to burn & rip from NXE

60gb to 250gb was real easy lots of guides avail if you just do a search for 250gbhdds.bin.
So got my 250 wdc drive from Lamington
10db6h5.jpg

WDC with new Hitachi ID
xp31xs.jpg

After Copying my old parttion and stuff put the 250gb in the orig casing and here's what i got
2wdcyyq.jpg

One done 4 to go.

Temps where high as i have a Falcon motherboard so decided to reapply the thermal Paste and add some heatsink that i had lying around on few of the hot chips.
qnmp10.jpg

First removed and clean both cores
2zhp6cj.jpg

119z0ao.jpg

added some copper heatsinks on the mem chips and some controllers
2cg2ars.jpg

hss48z.jpg

Done idle temps look good
2ch9hua.jpg

After playing 4 hrs of COD the temps are high but i have a falcon so i presume its OK.
Solved the temp probs by flashing 90% fan speed mod just check the temps now
bljtd.jpg

Next was to Jtag the board so that i could read the Nand chip and get the Cpu & DVD keys
2djbazb.jpg

29apkz9.jpg

Here is my Jtag ready Board with added heatsinks
vzxxrb.jpg

After 2 hours of reading & writing nand i was all set for homebrew.

Booted to Xell with the eject button and got my CPU key.
258543t.jpg

Once i had that everything was easy just loaded the orig nand bin in flash 360tool and got my dvd key.
14uztyc.jpg

360tools allows you to patch the region code from NTSC to PAL so that what i did next.
2ll0m6h.jpg

Reflashed the nand and now i had a PAL xbox.

Once i had the dvd key flashed LT with Jungle flash

NXE2GOD allows the games ripped with NXE to be played without a cd.
XEXMenu allows me to ftp into my Xbox to tr stuff.

291okte.jpg

After copying 16 games to hdd i still have 150gb free.
euivtj.jpg

24oaa04.jpg

here's a small video on youtube of my Jtaged Xbox playing the games from hdd with tray open.

YouTube - JtagNxe2God250gb

Have fun guys i know i am going to.

super awesome and gutsy:)

I so much envy u....care to tell us how much time all this took altogether?

and did u have any prior experience?

i paid 1.5k + took the pain of sending my xbox to chennai just to get it moddeed to 1.6 and after that never went online....infact hardly played my xbox in the last 4 months:)

No this is the first time i have done it. Only Jtag is tricky you need some good soldering skills the rest is all easy, as guide are avail all over.

I didnt sleep last night so you can guess how long it took me.

farookh said:
No this is the first time i have done it. Only Jtag is tricky you need some good soldering skills the rest is all easy, as guide are avail all over.

I didnt sleep last night so you can guess how long it took me.
Holy shit! Fantastic job done there. I would have shuddered at the very thought of even opening my Xbox, leave alone performing all these mods.

Since you are the first one to JTAG a console out here (or I assume so), can you tell me if the Jasper's can be hacked as well? What's the criteria? Any additional tools required?

Where in Bombay are you located? Would you like to take up this task once more? ;)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Aren't you heading out to the land down under? ;)

yup...I am supposed to leave next weekend or week after that:(
so want to learn all I can here.... as these stuff (hacks) are too expensive there...
BTW: i got my xbox 360 from melbourne itself

Ethan_Hunt said:
Holy shit! Fantastic job done there. I would have shuddered at the very thought of even opening my Xbox, leave alone performing all these mods.

Since you are the first one to JTAG a console out here (or I assume so), can you tell me if the Jasper's can be hacked as well? What's the criteria? Any additional tools required?

Where in Bombay are you located? Would you like to take up this task once more? ;)

Yes Jaspers 256/512 can now be hacked only if you have one made before 16-06-09 and have not updated the kernel/dashboard thru live or game cd.
Dashboard ver lower than 2.0.7371 and unpatched CB.

No Tools req just a fine tip soldering iron, few diodes and resistors and a comp with lpt port.
I am at chembur. Jasper made before 16-06-2009 very hard to find in India new I found one so now i plan to Jtag the Jasper.
As you will find out it takes 40mins to read a 16mb nand and over 18hrs for a 512 jasper so basically its better if you guys do it yourselfs if your xbox meets the specs.

farookh said:
Yes Jaspers 256/512 can now be hacked only if you have one made before 16-06-09 and have not updated the kernel/dashboard thru live or game cd.
Dashboard ver lower than 2.0.7371 and unpatched CB.

No Tools req just a fine tip soldering iron, few diodes and resistors and a comp with lpt port.
I am at chembur. Jasper made before 16-06-2009 very hard to find in India new I found one so now i plan to Jtag the Jasper.
As you will find out it takes 40mins to read a 16mb nand and over 18hrs for a 512 jasper so basically its better if you guys do it yourselfs if your xbox meets the specs.
Thanks for the info, however, I have already updated my dashboard with the latest Microsoft Fall '09 update. So that renders my console moot for JTAG. I guess I'll have to settle for getting DVD's for now. :(

great work, didnt knew that you can mdo the 360 to run backups off the hdd lol..

maybe i shud fix my rrod console and try this intead of selling it lol..

Wow brilliant mods indeed! Hearty congrats on a successful mod! :)

PS: Could you post an alternate link for these images. Tinypic refuses to load some of them.

Rave said:
great work, didnt knew that you can mdo the 360 to run backups off the hdd lol..

maybe i shud fix my rrod console and try this intead of selling it lol..
Don't tell me you didn't know that the JTAG hack could allow boot loaders to boot games off HDD, not to mention being able to load XBLA and DLC content?

It's one of the reason I wish it was tad easy, but when soldering comes into picture, nothing is easy. :p

If your RRoD console's dashboard is the older one, then it's best you perform this hack.

Dashboard lower than .8XXX so u need a .7XXX or lower

Temp problem solved by flashing 90% fan mod check first post to see load temps unbeliveable.

Back