Tool/Site for Paypal's Currency Conversion

tcpip

Disciple
Hello All,
I am looking for a tool/site as an alternative to get the same currency conversion rate as Paypal offers for USD > INR conversion. I don't want to log into Paypal everyday to check their conversion rate.
I am aware of the difference Paypal offers from the mid-market rates, but its not as responsive to the changes in the Current prices.

Thanks

Thanks phoenix. But I knw what site to look up for the current forex rates, I needed a site/tool which would give me the rates paypal offers in its currency converter as an alternative to logging into Paypal to look up the same.

tcpip said:
I am aware of the difference Paypal offers from the mid-market rates, but its not as responsive to the changes in the Current prices.

Thanks

Why do i get this feeling that paypal changes the exchange rate faster when the dollar drops compared to INR but take their sweet time to change when the dollar rises.

Hacker said:
Why do i get this feeling that paypal changes the exchange rate faster when the dollar drops compared to INR but take their sweet time to change when the dollar rises.

I believe its both ways as far as my experience is concerned, they(paypal) have a very erratic behavior with the ups/downs in the current changes. Most of the time, the rates remain the same for more than half a day, in some cases it changes every couple of hours. At the end its very unpredictable, if someone knows a site which records Paypal rates, that will be great too.

Google USD to INR and then deduct Rs.1.50 to get the price paypal offers when you withdraw. This is not accurate but is always VERY close. May lose 10-20 paise at max.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am very well aware of the difference between the current rates and Paypal's offering, however, it would be ideal to get the same price which Paypal offers without logging into Paypal.

Sorry to be so repetitive but people keep going round the same bush

tcpip said:
Like I mentioned earlier, I am very well aware of the difference between the current rates and Paypal's offering, however, it would be ideal to get the same price which Paypal offers without logging into Paypal.

there is no other website which can give you exact paypal currency rate. at most you will find sites which track forex rates by VISA and MASTERCARD.

so your best bet is Paypal Currency Convertor (requires login):

https://www.paypal.com/in/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_convert-currency-withdrawal

tcpip said:
you asked a question - ppl are trying to help you so appreciate the same.. that last line is unwarranted!

sorry but the question is a little *bushy* :eek:hyeah:
why do you expect other sites to keep track of paypal rates?
they have the right to charge their own rates and if you use their services you agreed to their terms of service.
in short, they can change rates when they want and no other site needs to track them for your convenience...

babhishek said:
you asked a question - ppl are trying to help you so appreciate the same.. that last line is unwarranted!

sorry but the question is a little *bushy* :eek:hyeah:

why do you expect other sites to keep track of paypal rates?

they have the right to charge their own rates and if you use their services you agreed to their terms of service.

in short, they can change rates when they want and no other site needs to track them for your convenience...

I have been appreciative of the inputs.

Now to answer your question, Paypal is the single biggest entity which handles people's money for shopping on ebay and many other purposes. Its not only used for shopping but also used to pay for many services too.

Of course, everyone has the right to charge whatever they want, its simply a matter of choice of the consumers to go ahead with whatever suits best according to their needs.

And BTW tracking other sites/services/product information is ABOUT 50-60% of information that one gets/seeks/reads/write over the internet. So all I was asking was whether such a demand has been met by someone or not ;). No need to take it personally man :p

Merry Christmas

Back