Car & Bike Top Gear ?

dipen01

Skilled
Hey guys,

I am sure there are lots of Top Gear fans out here ;)

I havent followed it much but recently watch an ep so what i wanted to ask was, Is it worth getting episodes of all previous 9 seasons ? i.e the previous ones must be outdated na so not much use or it'll be worth it ?

Thanx

It is the one show for which aything is worth it (short of killing someone :p )

There is a Top gear thread in the GT section. I myself started it.

totally worth it :D :D ....

but past 2 episodes were little boring :( ..... the one with JC on Ferrari 599 was awesome :D ..... i guess it was third or fourth episode this season

You have to get all the previous episodes dude...would you miss star wars because the graphics of the 70s are outdated?

No way dude, you gotta be kidding, season 4,5,6 was their bestest, 7 and 8 were ok, but they literally messed up with 9, with 10 they are kinda getting back to season 4/5/6 levels..

messa absolute fan - used to watch it on tube...currently downloading season 1- 9, watched season 10 ep1-7 a few days ago... amazing series - i love their sense of humor... especially Stig (dumb ass) and his intros by JC "Some say, his scrotum has its own gravitational field"...haha

season 10 best stores -

Ep1: search for the best road in world on 911gtrs,gallardo,vanquish

Ep2: crossing english channel on amphibious car

Ep3: jet vs bugatti 2 mile race, JC takes his personal mobile car to BBC office, Ferrari 599 drive

Ep4: the great 1000 mile african safari on 20 year old 1500pound worth cars

Ep5: fastest way to commute in london - cycle/public transport/car/boat - any guesses who finished first :p

ep6: old civic type r vs new one, alfa 159 review(from season 8), m5 touring vs e63 amg at manchester airport, motorhome racing

ep7: competition to find the best british leyland car(won by james :p), aston martin dbs review by jezza..

yeah and about the race in ep5, hammond won on his cycle, followed by jezza on his boat, stig using public transport, then may in a car :p

methinks the African Extravanza in Season #10 is the best.....actually its as good as the polar challenge ....I luv both

The best episodes were in season 4/5/6.. season 8 onwards it has become more entertainment than a car program, they've pushed the oliver joke to such extent that its not funny anymore, even they are running out of sarcasm and recycling stuff :p

The best episodes were in season 4/5/6.. season 8 onwards it has become more entertainment than a car program, they've pushed the oliver joke to such extent that its not funny anymore, even they are running out of sarcasm and recycling stuff

I agree...they are running outta ideas.....but pls dont stop gear.....

@hooli ---

In an issue of TG Magazine a few months back, JC had actually mentioned this issue which you are referring to.

He said their ratings reached their peak in Season 9 especially during these "specials" and challenges.

He said within the production team, there were two trains of thought. One was "Stick to the pure TG philosophy. Cars, powersliding, speed, laptimes, road tests". The other was "more specials, more challenges, more entertainment and higher ratings".

They are aware of the problem and I can see this season that they are trying their best to keep a balance.

Back