torrent blues!

victor4comp

Disciple
hi..
i apologise if my query sounds too noobish ..!

but i have this problem.. right now i got some idea about torrent and stuff...and i signed up few of them and got idea about keepin the ratio and stuff...also downloaded the recommended client but after i dwnload the torrent file i started to download the main with utorrent but nothing happens ...any help would be appriciated..!

thx:)

u have a torrent client .. like utorrent|azureus|bitcomet etc

u have the torrent file of the desired data

Install the client (err .. utorrent dznt need that )

Set the folders for the download and others like shared folders if req

Add the torrent file in the client .. just like loading the bullet in the gun ..

Thats it .. u r done wid ur bit .. let the client do the work now..

Make sure :

U r connected to the internet

U havent tweaked the upload speeds

U havent accidently limited the download speeds in any capacity

U shd wait for a lil while as the client accumulates the seeders/peers data for the Dwnload to start

thx guys for replying so quick..:hap2:

now let me explain my problem...
problem no..1 i am a noob to Torrents...
Thx to some of our TE members that i got to know about some torrent sites and got registered..

problem 2
applied for hathway internet connection for home coz AIrtel,tata are not available..:mad:
n use net from my office....and behind firewall(i guess this could be one of my major problems)

problem 3
what i actually did..
after registering into sites went and read the FAQs and browsed and found the file that i liked and downloaded the small file (torrent file) and installed utorrent and bittorrent clients and then tried to down load the big file(the real movie i nedded to dwnload)through the client but the there showd some red arrows which am not sure(that tracker is not traceble..) ..tried it with both of the clients ...
but could nt get the file..

hope i made myself clear..:huh:

n thx mohimmy
i PMed u my email id and thx a lot mate..:)

and thx spacesreamer and audiophile2rock :)

well...victor i seem to get a bit of ur actual problem....
when u load the torrent in the torrent application .....it doesnt start to download....rite?
this mayb coz of no seeds on the torrent or it mayb havin a poor health ratio...
ok..so the simple solution is...to look out for better torrent wid good seed peer ratio..more the seeds and trackers...more speed ull get....
make sure...there si nthing rong with ur internet connection and check if ur port is open..in preferences tab of utorrent or whichever client ur using...

audiophile2rock said:
well...victor i seem to get a bit of ur actual problem....
when u load the torrent in the torrent application .....it doesnt start to download....rite?
this mayb coz of no seeds on the torrent or it mayb havin a poor health ratio...
ok..so the simple solution is...to look out for better torrent wid good seed peer ratio..more the seeds and trackers...more speed ull get....
make sure...there si nthing rong with ur internet connection and check if ur port is open..in preferences tab of utorrent or whichever client ur using...

bingo... :cool2: u got it spot on:)
thx i understood the my prob ...just one more query do i have to configure utorrent to my network and if yes can u give me some hint about configuring ports ...actually me inside office firewall ..

thanks a lot:)

wel...no need to configure nythin mch..itll run good on defaults...
bt u can check on 2 things to ensure proper working..
1st...check if ur port is open...n acceptin connections..in prefrences->connection tab..
2nd..ensure when u run a torent file..after a while of opening it..check in status bar of utorrent...there must b a tick mark..green colored..not red colored exclamation..
CHEERS!...
i hope i can expect sme reps bro...heheh

Hey Bro,
Just perform this simple test if its still lagging.......Go to utorrent options > Speed guide > check if ur port is forwarded ( its a must ) > if the port's not forwarded then download the software from the link provided with the check which bypasses port settings. It worked for me.
Enjoy !!! :cool2:

Back