Torrentleech giveaway open now

vishalk said:
got about 300 on my box and about 115 on my pc any comments?

and yes i am on TL since past 2 years as well and mind u its not like it used to be b4, it was friendly b4 all the changes taken place. I currently have 71 seeding there and with any luck i see activity there.

Best when it comes to seeding is GFT, IPT and Xspeeds, and a bunch more but not TL

Even speed.cd and bitsoup good tracker when it comes to seeding..

If I had a box , Depending on the size of the disk I would seed accordingly and I think you have good numbers . ;)

These torrents are from my home laptop and I am planning a 24 7 download rig which should be able to seed 1K torrents on each client ( Bittorrent, utorrent) .

who needs 24x7 download rig when the router can handle it , i tested running 65 torrents at once and it was breeze.

xtremevicky said:
If I had a box , Depending on the size of the disk I would seed accordingly and I think you have good numbers . ;)

These torrents are from my home laptop and I am planning a 24 7 download rig which should be able to seed 1K torrents on each client ( Bittorrent, utorrent) .

Just do some research before you mount so many torrent descriptors. Was reading on the net that after ~400-420 torrents the clients start to lag. Also you will waste substantial UL values when the update/announce happens every 30-45 minutes.

The plan is on scratch . Long way to go before it is implemented.

Download using utorrent and seed using bittorrent is what I do.

asingh said:
Simply awesome, just so kewl. Guys like you keep the P2P community alive and kicking.

Salute saaar....salute.

:)
HailStonE said:
@Sei... Those are some awesome figures but remember not everyone can seed 24x7 with a dedicated download rig. Most people can do it only for ~12-14 hrs due to numerous local factors... Running a downloading rig is still in niche...

Hehe I was just fooling around with the O Rly pic.

Back in college I used to use my friend's TL account till he finally got a warning for sharing the account. Then I got hold of another friend and begged him till he parted with an invite. It is easier for me since (after loads of stiff resistance from my parents) I have a connected my old PC (C2D E6300, 2GB RAM, HD 3650) permanently with the LCD in my parents room. Since it has around 3.5TB worth of movies and series with beaaaautiful XBMC running on it, parents can't complain about the part where it acts as an overnite DL rig :p

But I agree with the pain of having a separate D/L rig. It is much better if it acts as an HTPC and D/L both. :)

I have been on TL since 2007 & I feel , it's better & cheaper to get a seedbox for a month to create buffer rather than having a dl rig. Although I keep my PC on 24X7, but I HATE doing that.

asingh said:
Does that not break the "tit-for-tat" protocol - if you have a sepearate instance for DL and UL...?
xtremevicky said:
What is that ? :O

lol

what he means is does the tracker view the two torrent clients as separate instances and give you a H&R?

i guess not

since you are already using a passkey authorization to the tracker

at max they will detect two different ports active, but that doesn't mean anything

BTW i am curious why you use two different instances?(uTorrent and BiTorrent)

i want to know the logic behind it

Its very simple !

I download many stuff at the same time . So I download using utorrent . When the download gets complete then i remove that torrent from utorrent and add that torrent in bittorrent and seed using that client . This makes sure I dont have to deal with "N" number of torrents in my client !

vishalk said:
Best when it comes to seeding is GFT, IPT and Xspeeds, and a bunch more but not TL

Even speed.cd and bitsoup good tracker when it comes to seeding..

guys with boxes be careful on this tracker....a friend got banned for overseeding.....he forgot to stop the torrent on his gbit box before going to sleep.....morning he was banned ....after that episode i stopped whoring the tracker completely. I only go to that tracker rarely now.

xtremevicky said:
The plan is on scratch . Long way to go before it is implemented.

Download using utorrent and seed using bittorrent is what I do.

m8 be on the safe side and make sure that bittorrent client is permited on the trackers u are coz most of em have banned it, as cheat client.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sam000 said:
guys with boxes be careful on this tracker....a friend got banned for overseeding.....he forgot to stop the torrent on his gbit box before going to sleep.....morning he was banned ....after that episode i stopped whoring the tracker completely. I only go to that tracker rarely now.

wrong lol u can seed as long as and as much as u want, don't worry in that case i am staff somewhere so i know the scene rules very well, no site bans for seeding unless ur friend used a banned client for seeding which would have been termed as cheating. I donot know what ur friend did but this is how it works.

to say the truth i love being at Filelist.ro and IPTorrents and Sceneaccess more than at Torrentleech

i made myself pretty good buffers to tide me over for at least 3-4 years

i've never found anything in TL that wasn't available in these three

and for the rarest of rare content with good speeds, i always go for RuTorrents.org

which as i have always said before is a terribly underrated goldmine

sam000 said:
Overseeding..never heard of that concept. What exactly happened.

vishalk said:
m8 be on the safe side and make sure that bittorrent client is permited on the trackers u are coz most of em have banned it, as cheat client.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

wrong lol u can seed as long as and as much as u want, don't worry in that case i am staff somewhere so i know the scene rules very well, no site bans for seeding unless ur friend used a banned client for seeding which would have been termed as cheating. I donot know what ur friend did but this is how it works.

Bittorrent client is a cheat client..? But why..I always thought it was fine. Is it not the same as uTorrent..?
funkysourav said:
to say the truth i love being at Filelist.ro and IPTorrents and Sceneaccess more than at Torrentleech

i made myself pretty good buffers to tide me over for at least 3-4 years

i've never found anything in TL that wasn't available in these three

and for the rarest of rare content with good speeds, i always go for RuTorrents.org

which as i have always said before is a terribly underrated goldmine

Yea, am really enjoying Filelist.ro. Easyto seed there too.!

@xtremevicky
You wont survive long at SCC if you dont have access to Seedbox and try to get non-archive torrents.
@funkySourav
Can you give a quick review of RuTorrents.org I was highly impressed by filelist,ro once i got into it.

dinjo said:
@funkySourav

Can you give a quick review of RuTorrents.org I was highly impressed by filelist,ro once i got into it.

A +1 to that, Sourav Saar. A review would be nice. Coming back, ya FileList.ro has rare stuff too. At time D'Noid and IPT have failed but Filelist throws up a good positive. Ok, the seeders might not be too many, but with our useless lines it hardly matters.

Back