Torrents and 24Online -Helpppp

PhOeNiX

Skilled
Ok , now i have a little bit of a problem. Today i shifted from Sify to 24Online and took their Rs 420 - 128Kbps Full unlimited plan. After spending an hour with their lousy dial-up client, i managed to get it to work under Windows Vista by setting its compatibility for Windows 98 :p.

Now i started my torrents up, the first one downloaded pretty nicely with uTorrent. So i qued up a few more. Now after the first torrent finished and the second began, the net suddenly logged off. Now this is the problem, i had to restart my PC or disable the LAN connection for around 15 minutes. Else i can't get the internet to work. The client logs me in fine, but i just cannot surf. All it shows in Mozilla's status bar is "Waiting for Google" etc. After the restart , the internet runs fine until i start uTorrent, a minute after which the internet stops. The client doesnt log off, but the net stops.

I have tried using Flashget for torrents, and even 24Online's online log-in client instead of the one installed on my PC. Just dunno how to get the torrents working.

Any help ???

Bwahahahaha you aew screwed :p I gave up on hathway and 24online 2 years back because they blocked ALL ports :mad: forget torrents now.

BTW, YGPM :p

hey im karthike.

where do i fond the O2 ATOM XDA IIi windows mobile applications like games etc.,,

hope you help me out.

thanking you

karthike72 said:
hey im karthike.

where do i fond the O2 ATOM XDA IIi windows mobile applications like games etc.,,

hope you help me out.

thanking you

wtf is this ?? noobness !!! please i request infraction for this idiot. :mad:
OT : jsut couldnt resist :mad:
@ phoenix you can try there CC if any :p

PhOeNiX said:
Ok , now i have a little bit of a problem. Today i shifted from Sify to 24Online and took their Rs 420 - 128Kbps Full unlimited plan. After spending an hour with their lousy dial-up client, i managed to get it to work under Windows Vista by setting its compatibility for Windows 98 :p.

me too using 24online :ashamed:

you know i live on the other side of seawoods :p

by the way they have a different setup for 24online client for Windows Vista.i am sure about this..

i dont have the setups or else i wouldve attached it for you.

just call up or ask the 24online guy to come to your place and install the Vista client for you.

I am using the same plan as yours..and it works ohk for me.

i get 14-16 kbps in torrents.

and 16-17 constant in flashget.

there's only one side about 24online ..there server is down a lot of times..atleast once in 3-4 days ..but gets fixed in an 30mins-1hr usually.

it was down ,even today morning:mad:

maybe thats the reason the client logs you off automatically ..when the server is down..

Dunno. I installed the Vista Client only, but the thing crashes as soon as i try and fire up the client saying "This program has ended" error. Have to run it under Win98 compatibility.

Will try it now, for the torrents.

@SunnyBoi - check your PM. Am way ahead of you :rofl:

@Fah33m - Are there any hubs for DC++ running on 24Online ? Coz the guy who came said that there were some hubs up. Check and lemme know pls.

Well, it seems that the 24 Online client has been replacing the Sify connections in all the places in Navi Mumbai. Me too am on the 24 Online client thing, the same plan as yours. Almost a month of usage now with this plan. (Been using a 24 Online client for years now :p )

Firstly, reinstall the client. Before you do so, please ensure that you have the correct server address. You can know it by right clicking on the client and clicking on preferences. (I am assuming that you already know it).

Once you get the client installed, enter the server IP and click on the check button. The reason the client crashes or hangs is that each time you fire it up, it checks for server to be found or not. As you know that there are lot of power cuts in Navi Mumbai and each time there is a power outage at the server location, it is down and you are automatically logged off. The client is unstable and crashes very often atleast at my end, largely when video files are being played when online. (If you note, when you start the client there is "Initialized" written right below the Login button. If this doesnt appear, this means that the server is not found and is offline and you better not click on Login to prevent a possible system freeze/ app hang.) Also, disable auto-login if you have it enabled. I think having auto-login disabled is going to solve your problem. Oh, and do note that the client is not too good to have and can impose a lot of restrictions on you. Port blocking is one thing, but there is a lot more they can do. The client also messes up your registry. I recommend you use the IP they gave you and dont change it coz theres a physical address binding that is done using the client. So, any change in IP shall directly be pointed at you.

Hope my post helps ;)

Thanks. Already had tried the above yesterday. Mainly it has to do with torrents only. Now i see that if i keep logged on to any of the messengers, like MSN/Yahoo, i can use torrents again, they work fine, but i cannot surf. If i want to surf, i need to go through the restart and/or disable the LAN process. I have tried using the "ipconfig /flushdns" command to see maybe if it was a DNS Cache problem. But it isn't. So whats happening when i fire up my Torrents ? There must be some explanation.

PhOeNiX said:
Thanks. Already had tried the above yesterday. Mainly it has to do with torrents only. Now i see that if i keep logged on to any of the messengers, like MSN/Yahoo, i can use torrents again, they work fine, but i cannot surf. If i want to surf, i need to go through the restart and/or disable the LAN process. I have tried using the "ipconfig /flushdns" command to see maybe if it was a DNS Cache problem. But it isn't. So whats happening when i fire up my Torrents ? There must be some explanation.

Hmm, thats interesting. Maybe they are monitoring some specific ports. There could be a simple work around to this. Since you are on a 128kbps conn, cap your download speeds to about 15kbps. And open a page in a web browser and put it to auto refresh every 15 secs. :bleh: Just maybe this would work. And instead of a restart of your system or enable/disable lan process, did you click on the repair button that windows provides? Maybe that would be a shorter work around than a restart or LAN enable/disable.

Yep. All the repair does is - either resets the adapter (basically disables/enables the LAN) or flushes the DNS. Will try the website thing.

[OT]

Why do, we need to use a client with ISP like 24online or sify?

why can't they simply gives direct access like airtel and bsnl
[/ot]

hi,

24online reminds me a bit of my past with a sub-standard isp which goes by the name of igate networks..dunno if they exists anymore..they were prociding spectranet in mumbai and mind u guys, absolutely sub-standard service...always down, torrents were beeing blocked and they also capped bandwidth for those leeching 24x7....some guy by the name of bhushan thakkar used to run that service...guy 2 was a liar and a sub0standard provider..

my best bet would be that if u in mumbai, then go for reliance wimax...nothing like it coz been using since 5 months now and steady speeds on the net and its never down....no client and nothing requited in reliance atleast.

Another problem...seems the ISP is blocking some sites as well, including a few proxies and anonymous surfing sites. Also today my torrents stopped working completely, but the restart/rest LAN thing is not required now even if uTorrent is up. All i get in uTorrent from trackers is "Connection reset by peer". Any workarounds ?

hey sudhir ,why dont you try calling up 24 Online(SSV cable-Nerul) ..and aks them to send a engineer (so called :p)and get the problem rectified .

i know they usually dont answer calls ..or pay attention to complains ..but with 24 online they've improved to some extent.

If you want i have a direct contact no. of one some at a higher authority at SSV cables/24 online for Nerul .will PM you the no incase you wish to speak to them.

might actually work out..just tell them that you are having lots of connectivity problems and ask them to send some person to your place,

or else you will not subscribe from next month. :p

Which service provider is it ? 24Online is a client that is used by various Service Providers like Hathway etc.

It's SSV.

OK. Now i guess i have found the basis of the problem. uTorrent can connect to peers/seeds only through DHT or Peer Exchange. It is unable to connect to any other tracker. All it shows is "Connection closed by peer" or "Tracker offline". From what i have read, this happens when the ISP is blocking P2P data. Any way to go around this block ? Like proxies (if so, then which and where to get the proxy addresses) or tunneling etc ?

Back