torrents don't get good speed

TheGreatOne

Disciple
I have 25Mbps hathway and i get full speed of 3.1mb/s on direct download like steam, windows updates, mega links, google store etc

But on torrents unless the torrent is new i don't get good speed. Older torrents which are healthy with almost 2 times seeders are queued up for too long and don't really get good speed. So i don't really don't know if this is because of my new isp or is it just because torrent doesn't have enough seeders and site has outdated seeders/peers data.

Earlier i had 1Mbps mtnl and older torrents used to start really quickly.

Can anyone download these torrent and just tell me if they are getting atleast 500KB/s for a minute or two

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the first one you posted for a couple of minutes, not going past 100 KB/s (about 1 mbps) on my 40 mbps connection. Must be just old/slow seeders/peers.

I get 30 mbps or more on other good well seeded torrents like ubuntu linux and what not.

Tried the first one you posted for a couple of minutes, not going past 100 KB/s (about 1 mbps) on my 40 mbps connection. Must be just old/slow seeders/peers.

I get 30 mbps or more on other good well seeded torrents like ubuntu linux and what not.
Ok so its just torrent and not my internet

Back