OC & Modding Totally blank at the moment. Help with modding please :)

suhas_sm

Disciple

Here is my complete configuration report from CPU-Z -> CPU-Z TXT Report -------------------------------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

SpeedFan shows (when room AC is on):

Help please :)

I guess the first thing that I should be doing is change my thermal paste.

Then add an extra fan on the remaining slot on side panel. Do I add any cooling mechanism ? How do I manage the cables ? :p What else can I do ?

There is one more problem with my system. Bios goes to default settings most of the times its shut down especially when completely unplugged from the power source or even after restarting UPS (mostly its 24x7 ON for wifi router). I have tried changing the CMOS battery too :(

Man the cables are killing it! There's no airflow whatsoever. The tiny pwm cooler up there ain't much use. Get rid of it. All you need is some reseating with a decent thermal compound and cable management. I don't think you're gonna need an aftermarket cooler (although its never a bad idea to use one)

First remove all components, clean them thoroughly with cloth or something, then just install the PSU and the mainboard.

attach necessary cables and with the help of cable ties try securing the remaining wires to the HDD cage or somewhere.

Stand back and take a look, it should appear neat, nobody cares what state the wires are in the HDD cage. :p

:) yep gonna do that whenever I get time. managed to get cable ties from a local stationary store. saw some videos on youtube. Can I get better cables from market .. may be good looking, easily manageable and long :)

I m going to lamington to get some new fans, Thermal paste, cables if needed and after market cpu cooler if I feel like buying it :p

Well, if you are good at soldering and know how a PSU works, you can try recabling your cables, but I wouldn't advise it.

If you had cable management, I would've advised getting NZXT Sleeved extensions.

If your cabinet has holes on the internal panel holding your mobo, you can try re routing the cables. Look for a large enough hole on the internal panel near the PSU. Disconnect all the cables from the components, open the cover behind the panel holding the motherboard then make the cables go through the hole near the PSU. Now check if the area between the mothervoard panel and the cover is enough for the cables. If its enough then use any type of holes you find near the components to connect them neatly. Its hard to explain this way but i did this myself few days ago on my crappy 0.8k Cabinet. Infact i drilled air vents on the side panel and attached a 90mm fan.You have to use your own brains as i don't know how your cabinet is.

OverlorD said:
Well, if you are good at soldering and know how a PSU works, you can try recabling your cables, but I wouldn't advise it.
If you had cable management, I would've advised getting NZXT Sleeved extensions.
If I had ? Oh u meant cable management area :( ? I dont have it :( Cant I get them anyways ? They look super cool and manageable too ! How much do they cost ?

I will have to use something like sticky cable ties that i can stick it up the cabinet walls. Any suggestions on this ?
Suggest me decent and quite cooling fans also. It need not be LED lit. As its going to be visible. Performance is what I want :)

Back