Totally Confused !! <20-25K budget

Nemesis87

Disciple
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k Can extend upto 25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Confused:AMOLED, Sony Bravia Engine, TFT ??

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Not Necessary

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 8MP or more camera. LED Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android ICS or JB

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music (i can't live w/o it), Camera, Internet , Games, Movies, Office doc editing, Would use custom rom n customizing n apps

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual core Krait Processor or better if possible,
Gorilla Glass (Wht's diff between scratch resistant one provided by sony n gorilla glass 2)
Memory card slot
ICS or JB preinstalled.

Adobe flash for youtube videos.
If it size fits in my pocket its good.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Tried searching but was too confused by various reviews...

When ur budget is less you can find one easily, as it jumps one level up, there are many options n one thing that comes in mind is "is it worth it?"

1st thought was to limit my budget to 20K then there were Galaxy Advance, Galaxy III mini... found Galaxy Nexus n Atrix HD not launched here
2nd increased it to 25K thn there were HTC one S (beat audio) and Xperia S,Acro S, ion etc but each has their own disadvantages like slots n camera quality... were they worth that much??

Music could be improved using equalizers and headphones ain't it??

Do i need such so much CPU power? for next 2-3 android big updates?

Still using my Nokia N73... but should i wait for some more launches or prices to fall?? LG nexus is within my range??

-----------
I will buy from local store in Mumbai not online...

Sony Bravia Engine and Beats Audio are marketing gimmicks. IPS LCD by LG, LCD2 by HTC and Super AMOLED are better than the regular TFTs.
Stay away from S Advance. Galaxy Nexus is a good buy, but no warranty and the SQ is not on par with SGS or SGS III. High end Sony phones usually have good music capabilities.
AFAIK only the current flagship phones like SGS III, Acro S, Xperia T, One X(+), Razr HD, Optimus G, will get the next 2-3 updates, if not the others. Previous flagships phones with good community support will definitely get you there unofficially though :bigok:

Hope this helps..

Sony Bravia Engine and Beats Audio are marketing gimmicks. IPS LCD by LG, LCD2 by HTC and Super AMOLED are better than the regular TFTs.
Stay away from S Advance. Galaxy Nexus is a good buy, but no warranty and the SQ is not on par with SGS or SGS III. High end Sony phones usually have good music capabilities.
AFAIK only the current flagship phones like SGS III, Acro S, Xperia T, One X(+), Razr HD, Optimus G, will get the next 2-3 updates, if not the others. Previous flagships phones with good community support will definitely get you there unofficially though :bigok:

Hope this helps..

So sony is better as it has better camera quality + music capabilities. But Why Sony is not going for Gorilla glass to "Ordinary Scratch-resistant" one?
Motorola has locked bootloader n minimum development of custom roms
Samsung has gone too mainstream with SGS and is common.
HTC is good but camera wise its not that great and abt the beat audio :p
LG optimus 4x is good VFM n less power with less limitations like removable battery or mem slot, but who needs a quad core when all the work could be done with dual core . Same with G.

Screen size dosen't matter to me, 4.3" is good.

Then again will wait for Few LG launches and Sony ones like Xperia V,AX,T,TL...

^^ Sony's Cameras used to be good in the past, but now-a-days they just increase the megapixels, not the quality. Samsung, Apple and Nokia have better shooters in their flagships. Gorilla Glasses are durable to coins, knives and keys, but I scratched mine with keeping a Strepsils tablet cover :p . I read that gorilla glass 2 is shatter resistant. Not sure about the scratch resistant glasses about Sony, as I've never used the newer Xperia phones.

Optimus 4x is a good buy, but with Optimus Nexus around the corner, you might want to wait a little more I guess. For this budget, it's better you get the 16 GB Nexus 4 with or without warranty after reading some more hands on reviews.

Why dont you consider S2?...As u mentioned u are open to custom ROMS...S2 got a good dev support(will get official JB)..It has decent CPU and GPU..though it got yamaha audio chip(unlike wolfson on GS) its audio is till better than most smartphones of today..software increments like Audio equalizers,beats enhancements cant match hardware audio chip performance.Camera is also not bad...in a nutshell its a good package under 25k IMO

Why dont you consider S2?...As u mentioned u are open to custom ROMS...S2 got a good dev support(will get official JB)..It has decent CPU and GPU..though it got yamaha audio chip(unlike wolfson on GS) its audio is till better than most smartphones of today..software increments like Audio equalizers,beats enhancements cant match hardware audio chip performance.Camera is also not bad...in a nutshell its a good package under 25k IMO

It's like this: why you want to hold a brand new 2nd gen phone when 3rd gen is out SGS III.

@WolVish85 Lol a Strepsils cover has scratched ur Gorilla !! :D
Now i know how they try to loot ppls based on new tech: Gorilla glass, beat audio, Bravia Engine, Bigger Screen Size, Display tech, Mega pixels, etc etc...

Will wait for LG Nexus n Xperia Something... :)
My experience even though LG has launched very few mobiles but all of of them were best in their respective price section:LG Optimus P500,LG Black ,LG Optimus 2X...

thnx 4 all the expertise...

It's like this: why you want to hold a brand new 2nd gen phone when 3rd gen is out SGS III.

@WolVish85 Lol a Strepsils cover has scratched ur Gorilla !! :D
Now i know how they try to loot ppls based on new tech: Gorilla glass, beat audio, Bravia Engine, Bigger Screen Size, Display tech, Mega pixels, etc etc...

Will wait for LG Nexus n Xperia Something... :)
My experience even though LG has launched very few mobiles but all of of them were best in their respective price section:LG Optimus P500,LG Black ,LG Optimus 2X...

thnx 4 all the expertise...

my 2 cents here -

Tje first and foremost thing that you consider is the budget you can afford. Because, all the new launchers are gonna be next years legacies.

Eg:: Note and S2 ruled until Note 2 and S3 popped up. Now when you buy, u can either go for the earlier flagships or the current one. If you look for features, definitely the current gen beats the old. But if you put ur hands in the money purse and search for a mobile, then you should be comparing the features (in your budget range) and not looking for the latest.

Having said so, S2, no doubt is still good and is the best buy for 20ish range, is still outdated if u look at the future set.

Do not ask if four cores are needed or not. you can see the evolution your self. S - S2 took just below an year.
S2 - S3 took at year and every time the cores leaped and apps found use of them.

Back