touch screen under 6k

Hi frnds..pls suggest me a touch screen mobile under 6k :)

features:

*Good looking

*decent camera

*mp3 nd video

any idea abt price of Samsung "S5260 Star II" and "S3850 Corby II" !?

(if it comes under my budget, which one is good in it):(
thanx in advance :D

The Corby II and Star II are yet to be released in India. The Star II won't fall in your budget whereas the Corby II will be within your budget (mostly!)...

Get the Samsung Corby for now if you don't mind a 2MP Camera.

kalla_maakri said:
@ m.a ...what is this "Reliance coupon"!!?

Check the Hot Deals & Discussions Section on TE for the coupon Thread.

It provides you a 15% or Rs.2000/- (whichever is lower) discount when you buy any product from letsbuy.com

Coupon Code: RCOMLSB

Keep in mind that none of the 6k phones have 3G (except SE Cedar, which is not a touchscreen).

The Star II & Corby II both sport a capacitive touchscreen which is definitely better than going for the current Corbies & Cookies. The Star II has a better screen & better camera than the Corby II. The Star II is available for 6k on Flipkart.Expect the price of Corby II to be lesser than that.

Another factor is that none of these phones are smartphones. Hence, I would go for Nokia 5233 any day over these only because it is a better offering in terms of software. But the Nokia hardware is poorer.

kalla_maakri said:
Hi frnds..pls suggest me a touch screen mobile under 6k :)

features:

*Good looking

*decent camera

*mp3 nd video

any idea abt price of Samsung "S5260 Star II" and "S3850 Corby II" !?

(if it comes under my budget, which one is good in it):(

thanx in advance :D
the Nokia 5233 definitely suits you. Corby's camera is shit shit shit, video?? dont even expect it to record anything..

Comparitively, 5233's camera is decent, 640x480 resolution recording, camera for entry level phone is decent enough. Corby is a Java only platform, 5233 Sybmbian has java + symbian apps + ovi store(god bless ovi)

it's got a brilliant 3.2" 16.1million colours screen(for 6k phone, thats more than good)...

a WHOLE LOT of CustomFIRMWARES, you can even get all the Nokia C6 features(except the camera of' course) on your 5233 with a flash(reversible)...

I suggest going for Nokia 5233, for 6k, you cant go wrong..

Its already been said Nokia 5233 is best one .. I would say since 3G has arrived get 5230 at least :) . Both can be modded and you can get very good performance on both in this price range . Samsung is pure shit I have both corby and 5233 and can safely say that nokia will be a better choice.

Do keep in mind that the 5230/33 have resistive touch screens as opposed to the modern capacitive screen on the Corby.

That apart, the 5233/30 is good. And 3G shouldn't be a deciding factor as 3G plans are nowhere close to affordable as of now.

nehaladsul said:
The Corby II and Star II are yet to be released in India. The Star II won't fall in your budget whereas the Corby II will be within your budget (mostly!)...

Get the Samsung Corby for now if you don't mind a 2MP Camera.
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/samsung-star-ii-s5260-available-preorder-186609.html

Samsung Star II S5263 Price In India: Buy Samsung Star II S5263: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Onyx Black)

StarII is already available in flipkart for Rs.6000 shipped!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Samsung Star II S5263 Price In India: Buy Samsung Star II S5263: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (White)

nehaladsul said:
Do keep in mind that the 5230/33 have resistive touch screens as opposed to the modern capacitive screen on the Corby.

That apart, the 5233/30 is good. And 3G shouldn't be a deciding factor as 3G plans are nowhere close to affordable as of now.
Fully agree here. I have played with both 5233 and wave and found wave MUCH better in almost all aspects. Do a demo at a local Croma store etc and decide.

nehaladsul said:

whats so modern if you can type only half speed as my 5233(i competed with 2 sms-fanatics from coaching) and it doesnt even have multi-touch use(no implementation in os)

thanx a lot every one...... majority of u suggested Nokia 5233!!!
@ m.a ..wow that's so cool offer...is it a limited period offer!?

@ DarkAngel..thanx a lot for that information..

@ deathgoddg ..wot is the price of Nokia 5230?

@ nehaladsul.... which screen is good resistive or capacitive !?

now m little confused.. he he:S

nokia 5233 vs Samsung Wave S525 or Samsung Star II ;)
u guys r really informative nd helpful thanx a lot...

^^ Expect Nokia 5230 to cost about 7.5k.

Capacitive screen is always better than a resistive one. But missing out smartphone features only for a capacitive screen is not wise especially at a low-end budget.

funkysourav said:
+1 to Comp@ddict and Paul
get the Nokia 5233 for this price

You're here too! Hope you recognize me.

Nokia 52330 - 6k

Nokia 5230 - 7.2k

If you are planning to use 3G and want the fancy GPS, then 5230(I have the same phone)...

Star II ain't worth the crap. Wave is good, but not good enough(symbian is simply better here with many more apps)

kalla_maakri said:
@ m.a ..wow that's so cool offer...is it a limited period offer!?
AFAIK this is valid till March 31st.
You can get Nokia 5233 for Rs 6297 less 15% = Rs 5353 and Nokia 5230 for Rs 7399 less 15% = Rs 6290 from Letsbuy using the same coupon. My vote is still with the Wave though, can't stand the resistive touchscreen on the nokia. But if I were you, I would do as I said before, demo both of these sets before making a call.
;)

comp@ddict said:
and it doesnt even have multi-touch use(no implementation in os)

I think Wave has multi touch(zoom). Check the specs here.

Back