Budget 15-20K Touchscreen phone required for checking emails

sunilyo

Adept
Hi,

I am looking for a touchscreen mobile phone in the 15-20k range. This will be primarily used for checking emails after office hours and during weekends and holidays.

I am not too keen on the blackberry, hence please advise a good android or Windows phone.

Should be easy to use. I can work on Android phones as my wife already has one but if Windows is better then i can go for that as well.

Does the Windows phone come with inbuilt app like MS-Outlook?

Lg L9 or Xperia L for android if you want to stick to renowned brands. Or else, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives like xolo or mmx but i personally won't recommend them. For Windows, Lumia 620/720 as recommended above. :)

If you want to just check your mails then yeah Nokia Lumia 620 will suffice. You might even get it for 11.5K (saw it on dealsupto.com). It has a decent screen size and the yes it does come with Mobile Microsoft Office for you to sync your email accounts and it works just fine. But if you want more juice out of this OS, I would suggest that you get Lumia 720 as no only it'll have a better camera (best low light camera in the range) and slightly bigger screen (4.3"), it battery will easily last for 2 days straight. Last best price was about 15.8k on homeshop18 superdeals.

Edit: Well heck, you can also consider Nokia Lumia 520 for about 9.3K... 4" display will suffice your email reading needs and it has got amazing reviews for the best budget phone across web.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Will now have to decide between 520 / 620 / 720.
If you have the budget, obviously go for 720. What's the screen size you looking for? 620 has a relatively smaller screen at just 3.8" as compared to 720's 4.3". But if your only major requirement is mails, you don't need a heavy processor and 520 should suffice. It has a good 4" screen and you'll save a lot of money. Good luck for the purchase.

If you have the budget, obviously go for 720. What's the screen size you looking for? 620 has a relatively smaller screen at just 3.8" as compared to 720's 4.3". But if your only major requirement is mails, you don't need a heavy processor and 520 should suffice. It has a good 4" screen and you'll save a lot of money. Good luck for the purchase.

My major requirement is checking emails. and when compared all three models side by side the hardware is almost same with a few things here and there. I am more leaned towards the 720 as it is the best among the three. better low-light photography (might come in handy) / Corning Gorilla Glass 2 (very impressive after the seeing the corning test) / decent battery life / changeable back cover (I guess?)

As I said, if you have the budget, go for 720 eyes closed. The only drawback is 512mb ram but this only poses problems while gaming. I think the 720 has a unibody design so no changeable back covers.

Back