only requirement is good big screen and easy to browse internet through gprs

god's_gift said:
as the title goes i need phone

- as large as possible screen
- no wifi etc high end feature needed
- just for calling and browsing basic websites so edge/gprs is needed
- budget 10k max 12k but better if 10k

only requirement is good big screen and easy to browse internet through gprs
If u do not need wi-fi then consider the Nokia 5230~7.5k. It has 3G too and a largish 3.2" screen with nHD resolution :)

techno_guy said:
because htc smart is worth purchasing @ 8 k
and 5230 has to bad music capacities
Let me be a bit more clear. HTC smart has the following negatives:

Bad display quality and shoddy resolution
Bad audio quality.
Poor camera
Poor user interface
No application support
Bad video playback quality
Poor web browsing capabilities.
Weak processor
No navigation/gps.

The only thing that is good is that HTC logo on the phone.
And FYI, 5230 is among the best in audio quality. Smart cannot even compete with LG cookie and Samsung corby series of phones, let along Nokia 5xxx phones.

The stock earphones of the 5230 are not worth mentioning just use other well known earphones to experience the audio. People suggest 5230 because the source for audio is pretty decent just the earphones are crap.

desiibond said:
Let me be a bit more clear. HTC smart has the following negatives:

Bad display quality and shoddy resolution
Bad audio quality.
Poor camera
Poor user interface
No application support
Bad video playback quality
Poor web browsing capabilities.
Weak processor
No navigation/gps.

The only thing that is good is that HTC logo on the phone.
And FYI, 5230 is among the best in audio quality. Smart cannot even compete with LG cookie and Samsung corby series of phones, let along Nokia 5xxx phones.
To add to this,

Similar to other HTC handsets, the HTC Smart has got top-notch build quality. It uses some high-quality plastics and its smallish size makes it quite pocket-friendly.

Unfortunately, its software platform is what lets it down. The Brew platform is not the smartest of platforms out there, but perhaps with proper support and good developer base, it can be turned into something more than a regular feature phone interface.

The Sense UI skin over Brew Mobile is probably the best part of HTC Smart. The homescreens are almost identical to those in Android and Windows Mobile both in looks and functionality. Still the eye-candy effects are sacrificed for performance.

But Sense UI can hardly make up for the basic looks of the submenus that use plain text and black backgrounds similar to the dated BlackBerry OS. The poor QVGA display also lets down the Sense UI graphics and the lack of a good application package on board ruins the overall experience.

For instance, the default web browser is still in beta version, sluggish, often crashing and its loading speeds are quite slow. The organizer functionality ends with the calendar and alarm apps plus a simple calculator.

HTC may call the Smart a smartphone but it has no multi-tasking, no application store and quite a poor choice of pre-installed apps. Combine that with the basic looks and capabilities of the whole platform and by our books, Smart barely makes it to a feature phone grade.

HTC Smart review: First grader - GSMArena.com

The phone is not worth it. Dont even consider it.

Your Best bet would be Nokia 5233, 5230, 5235, 5530 and 5800. If you wait then nokia C6.

They all have 360x640 resolution, multitasking, you can install third party softwares, etc.

If browsing is your concern then go for nokia.

Htc Smart has 320x240 resolution - very bad for browsing.

Monte has 240x400 resolution - Not pleasant browsing experience,

IMO, Screen resolution does matter for browsing net in mobile.

I used Samsung Star 5233S which has 240x400 screen res.

Believe me Nokia screen is way better.

Back