CPU/Mobo TP35D3-A7 Deluxe

aslugani

Disciple
I have read about Biostar TP35D3-A7 Deluxe. It says it supports DDR3 RAMS. But DDR3s cost more then 180$ per 1gb stick. Thats too much as compared to ddr2

What i want kow is that will this board also support DDR2 or not.
If not hows the TP35D2-A7 mobo+ e6600 Proccy (fr overclocking)

well i have a whole range of Proccys to choose from..

but the most appealing to me is the e6550 e6600 e6420

talking about e6420 and e6600. there is not much difference b.w both of them

6600 has 2.4ghz

6420 has 2.13ghz

and other techs are same

now getting the 6420 to 2.4 ghz is no big deal. its just incrasing the FSB by 33 Mhz and i am sure that with a few cabinet fans the stock cooler would take the load ( CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ).

What i wanna know is whats the price difference in both of them? (i searched for it but got mixed results)

I would personally give e6420 a priority but please if u think 6600 is better put a comment here. I would be mostly playing games+vdo rendering with not much overclock.(not like making a record or something, Just to the point where i can smoothly run through games/ some needed rendering)

now the e 6550 has a better FSB 1333mhz. n 2.33ghz

here i am totally confused..

I would be using the p35 biostar mobo. its final.

I dont care about the money unless i get the best according to my usage.

I am going in for the same. Biostar P35 (seems to be the best in its price :D ) and the E6550 (for the 1333 FSB)...getting it for 6.7k

deciding the processor when you have selected the platform and basic specs is just a matter of budget.

OKAY. The abit ip35 e and ip35 are also in consideration for me .. What i wanna know is which of them will overlock the best p35 biostar or the abit ip35e/ip35

Whats the price for ip35 e / ip35???

dude you can get abit ip35 pro for 9.7 to 10k and abit ip35e for around 6.3k
ip35 pro is one hell of an OC'er ...but i have no idea about ip35e .. so its all upto ur budget .. well if can afford it then go for abit ip35pro.. otherwise biostar board aint bad either .. .

Well just came home and got all this:

ABIT IP35-E Mobo (Rs.5,800)

Intel E6550 CPU (Rs.6,500) -

Transcend 2*1GB 800Mhz RAM (Rs.2000)

Thats total Rs.14,300

I am left with Rs.5,700 in which i need a SMPS+Cabinet and heat sink for the CPU.

For heatsink i am looking for Thermalright Ultima-90I that i am getting for 2,300. Will this heatsink take the place of the original heatsink fan that comes with the proccy???

If yes, what will i do with the original fan??

Will this Thermalright Ultima-90I fit the mobo as i need to put a gfx card also.

Please suggest a SMPS+Cabinet also which will fit Thermalright Ultima-90I heatsink. (cabinet should have a good amount of fan spots. and should be not very flashy but good looking)

yes, the TR ultima90 will fit properly and wont come in the way of your gfx card...as for the stock intel hsf...u can do anything you wanna do with it :p unless you intend to use it again...

according to your budget you have 5.7k and u are getting ultima for 2.3k so now u are left with 3.4k...i'll suggest you to put in lil more money and get a decent psu such as corsair vx450/CM EP 600w/seventeam 500W or powersafe gold 500W for 2.75k...as for the cabinet, u can go for zeb peace or bijli for ~2.5k and 1.5k respectively...if u can still extend your budget u can get CM690 for ~4.2k...

imo.... get the thermalright ultra-90 and not the ultima ..... the ultra 90 is 1400-1500bux which is incredible value and performs almost the same...u'll get a 2-3degree deifference

its the same cooler...only that the ultima has more heatpipes

that would save u quite a bit of money :)

ok thanx. The PSU said is the one i was looking on. So ill get that 2moro

Out of the 5.4k ill buy that 2.7k Power safe 500w gold.

I am left with 2.8k. ill add some more cash and get the CM690
Does the CM690 has the 120mm with the case or i have to buy them seperately

Cooler Master

the site says

Cooling System
Front :120 mm Blue LED fan x 1, 1200 rpm, 21 dBA,
Rear : 120 mm standard fan, 1200 rpm, 21 dBA,
Top : 120 or 140 mm fan x 2 (optional),
Bottom : 120 mm fan x 1 (optional),
Left: 120mm fan x 2 (one is optional)-up to 140mm fans

so it means 1 front, 1 back, 1 left fan is included. is it ?
.... Now i am left with the Heatsink. What i wanna know is will the Ultima90 make much difference then the stock cooler. if yes then how much. I wont be ocing much .. i would take the 6550 to 2.8Ghz max i.e. icreasing the FSB by 68MHz .. will i need a heatsink for it or just 4 120mm fans would do??

yes, it'll include 1front, 1rear and 1left fan...ultima90 will indeed make lotta difference as compared to your stock cooler...the difference will depend on how much you oc...if you dont intend to oc dont simply buy ultima90 for the sake of it...if you wanna oc it to 2.8ghz(e6550 has 2.3ghz stock speed iirc), stock cooler wont suffice imo...

virtua_pirate said:
yes, it'll include 1front, 1rear and 1left fan...ultima90 will indeed make lotta difference as compared to your stock cooler...the difference will depend on how much you oc...if you dont intend to oc dont simply buy ultima90 for the sake of it...if you wanna oc it to 2.8ghz(e6550 has 2.3ghz stock speed iirc), stock cooler wont suffice imo...

okay. so i am buying ultra 90 rather than ultima since the temp. differences r 2-3 degrees ... wich i think the 3 120mm fans will take care of.

So next buy is the 500W 2.75k SMPS + 4.25k CM690 or CM Centurion 534 ~3.7k + ~1.7k TR ultra90 heatsink

.. Now if i keep overclocking the CPU to 2.8ghz n never get it to its factory speed with aroud 50 - 55C temperature, will it hurt the CPU/mobo.. ill be usin this rig for about 2 years w/ only minor changes.

What do u suggest is it ok for me to overclock the CP always to 2.8ghz?

if you have a good cooler .... u can oc and it will work fine 24/7

its especially good if you can oc to that speed without increasing the voltage coz that causes big temperature jumps

ok.. I want to this site to calculate my power consumtion of my comp.. ot says i have no more than 310W usage even with some extra devices i put in..

So should i go for a 400w powersafe gold supply

or 500w powersafe gold supply ..

If i go for 400W. it saves me around 1200 bucks ..

so what say ??

aslugani said:
ok.. I want to this site to calculate my power consumtion of my comp.. ot says i have no more than 310W usage even with some extra devices i put in..

So should i go for a 400w powersafe gold supply
or 500w powersafe gold supply ..

If i go for 400W. it saves me around 1200 bucks ..

so what say ??

and yea if u say 500w then there are two options in it

powersafe 500w silver
powersafe 500w gold

if i go for silver it saves me 1000 bucks.

Back