Tracker offline error

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I am using utorrent for a couple of days now. Had downloaded a 200MB file yesterday.

But since then no other torrent seems to start. There are about 12 of them in the queue. But they all end with the status 'tracker offline' timed out. Now that cannot be possible for all of them.

Besides it even shows..

seeds: 0 of 0 connected (4718 in swarm)

peers: 1 of 1233 connected (2157 in swarm)

Whats the problem? :huh:

Oh and I just tried and the torrents work fine on Flashget. Only problem with flashget is that I dont get consistent speeds and I cannot browse the net while it is running.

i would set defaults in preferences and restart utorrent once and check . ideally should solve most problems .

---check utorrent does not show setting defaults as an option . my bad .

you could try downloading utorrent , placing it in a different folder and start it up . open up a torrent , set path to where you were downloading previously

and check if it works .

Check your firewall and the windows firewall, your torrent client needs full permission in your software firewall to access the internet and to act as a server, and the windows firewall should be disabled if you are using a separate one.

If that seems ok, try enabling encryption in utorrent or azureus, it's possible your ISP has started traffic shaping (blocking or limiting bittorrent traffic). Also, you should change your listening port to somewhere above 40,000, another way to avoid ISP traffic shaping.

I guess it'd be due to ur ISP mite have opted for Traffic shaping. Try the stuff posted in reply to the thread nd let us know if it straightens things out or not.

Back