Trains to start carrying content on demand

Over the next couple years media servers will be added to trains for passengers to access. They'll include both free and paid for content.

This is better than nothing, but long term I would think network towers would be a much better option.

So this is something users enjoy on their own personal devices by connecting to railway's (train's) wifi (which is sort of intranet), right? I have used something similar in US on southwest flights. Really reduces cost to the entity (railway / airline) as people will use their personal devices and not fixed systems on back of seats.
On top of that, many people in India don't deserve those fixed screens as they tend to steal them and damage them as they have no regard for public property.

Last edited:
This is already very much common in intercity buses since many years now..
The good thing is I was able to download the movies directly on my phone..

Last edited:
We already have access to 1.5 to 2 GB data a day, but yes internet breaks a lot while travelling in trains.
Hope this initiative brings something good.

So this is something users enjoy on their own personal devices by connecting to railway's (train's) wifi (which is sort of intranet), right? I have used something similar in US on southwest flights. Really reduces cost to the entity (railway / airline) as people will use their personal devices and not fixed systems on back of seats.
On top of that, many people in India don't deserve those fixed screens as they tend to steal them and damage them as they have no regard for public property.
...and still cry...govt. does nothing for them... where the reality is these morons deserve ZERO!

Back