Transferring Contacts from Memory to SIM

Aditya

Skilled
Hey guys,

I have an n-Gage QD. The contacts are saved on the Memory of the Phone.
How can i get it transferred to the SIM?

I just got my L7. And i dont wanna loose most of my Contacts. :(.

Thanks.

Try this but it seems you have to do it for every contact :no:

To move a contact: Press the directional pad in the standby screen, select a contact, press the directional pad to Open, Options, Copy to SIM direct. Yes, you have to repeat this for every contact you want to transfer. Newer Symbian phones have a Mark All, Transfer to SIMs option, but neither N-Gage nor QD has it, they're using the older Symbian OS.

usually its done by going to the Phonebook there you can find an option of Copy...
In there u get option to either copy from sim to phone mem to from phone mem to Sim....the latter one in ur case... select that and it will ask u "*** number of contacts to be copied. Begin Copying"...select yes and they will be copied...

Omg.

I have to open each and every contact and copy it to SIM Dir :|.

Man..

I have to go thru 150+ Contacts :|.

Man...

Any idea how to Delete all the Contacts from the SIM first?

Edit : oo.. Nevermind.. Got it.

Aditya, download MobilEdit and install it on your machine. The program's very, very neat. Essentially, you can use your computer via the program as your cell. That is, make phone calls, send text messages, copy/backup addressbooks, text messages and everything!

So once you install the program, let your cell phone interface with it via USB or Bluetooth. Then under the menu, navigate to the phone memory and copy all the contacts onto the SIM memory. Voila.

So ill have to go get a Bluetooth Dongle i guess :/.

Ill look into it.

I still have 3 days or so, b4 selling off the nGage.

Aditya said:
Hey guys,

I have an n-Gage QD. The contacts are saved on the Memory of the Phone.
How can i get it transferred to the SIM?

I just got my L7. And i dont wanna loose most of my Contacts. :(.

Thanks.
how much is the l7 for now??

dude use Zcontact sender.. its a symbian software thru which u can send all ur contacts via bluetooth to any another phone which has the same software installed(so you may need to borrow another symbian phone).
then on recieving the contacts in the other phone you can transfer it from that phone to your sim. i had done this for my friends ngage once using a 6600.

Back