PC Peripherals Transporting Dell SPF2208WFP . Is it safe ?

hemant0285

Disciple
Hi friends. i am in Bangalore . i got a DELL-SPF2208WFP 22inch LCD monitor which I want to transport it back to my home Guwahati-ASSAM
i m planning to send it through GATI transports. IS IT SAFE to transport through GATI or any other Logistics service.

please help
And lemme know fi there are any other logistic service better than GATI for sending in this delicate LCD monitor to ASSAM

GATI is good. but please make sure you insure the stuff before shipping. usually i have seen blue dart charge about 3-4 % of the stuff worth at my dad's office for insurance

bitsandpieces said:
GATI is good. but please make sure you insure the stuff before shipping. usually i have seen blue dart charge about 3-4 % of the stuff worth at my dad's office for insurance

IS IT NECESSARY??????? to insure or DO I have to compulsorily insure the product...?

I guess it's not compulsory, but if it does get damaged, the Courier company will have no Legal liability. If you are worried about the LCD, and i think you should be, get it insured. LCD's are not only prone to screen breakage, but also shock damage to the inside components while transit. This is what i recommend.

1. Check the LCD at your current place. Just hook it up, and see if it is working or not, just to test it before you dispatch it.
  2. Pack it back the way it was, and take some pictures of the screen etc. if possible.
  3. Make sure the box is completely sealed, and the screen is well protected.
  4. If possible, do the above in front of the Courier pickup guy, though it's a long job and he won't wait around.
  5. Insure the package. Try contacting DTDC, they charge 2% of the value of your item as insurance. See whatever comes out to be cheaper, Gati or DTDC. I personally trust DTDC more, but haven't heard too many bad things about Gati also.
  6. As soon as the LCD is delivered in your place in Guwahati, open it in front of the courier guy, or have whoever is receiving the package to open it and test it. Make sure he courier guys is there when you do all this.

Hopefully this will help you get your package safe :)

PhOeNiX said:
I guess it's not compulsory, but if it does get damaged, the Courier company will have no Legal liability. If you are worried about the LCD, and i think you should be, get it insured. LCD's are not only prone to screen breakage, but also shock damage to the inside components while transit. This is what i recommend.
  1. Check the LCD at your current place. Just hook it up, and see if it is working or not, just to test it before you dispatch it.
  2. Pack it back the way it was, and take some pictures of the screen etc. if possible.
  3. Make sure the box is completely sealed, and the screen is well protected.
  4. If possible, do the above in front of the Courier pickup guy, though it's a long job and he won't wait around.
  5. Insure the package. Try contacting DTDC, they charge 2% of the value of your item as insurance. See whatever comes out to be cheaper, Gati or DTDC. I personally trust DTDC more, but haven't heard too many bad things about Gati also.
  6. As soon as the LCD is delivered in your place in Guwahati, open it in front of the courier guy, or have whoever is receiving the package to open it and test it. Make sure he courier guys is there when you do all this.

Hopefully this will help you get your package safe :)

+1.
Insuring it by paying 2-3% extra will give you a piece of mind..

Get it insured. Make sure to do the packaging real good. I recently shifted my benq e2200hd from my place to Chennai. around 450kms. via dtdc-insured. They charged 2% for insurance. and they brought it safely.

U need to search out in Avenue road, u might be able to find the Bubble wrap at good prices, Taj Brush house deals with it cos i've seen em stocking it on a large roll, a visit to Avenue road will help u

Back