Trend of selling CPUs without boxes?

a small question....what's up with this new trend of cpu selling. no box available, brand new cpu, bill on buyer's name. with fan higher price and without fan lower price. where are the boxes of these cpu. someone on FB told me boxes of these cpu get damaged so they are sold as without box and some don't even give bill.

a small question....what's up with this new trend of cpu selling. no box available, brand new cpu, bill on buyer's name. with fan higher price and without fan lower price. where are the boxes of these cpu. someone on FB told me boxes of these cpu get damaged so they are sold as without box and some don't even give bill.
I think they are OEM cpus being sold on the retail market. They aren't provided boxes or coolers.

OEM's or imported third party with high probability of seller warranty because cpus's don't tend to fail that often. I've also been offered cpu's without the fans. I don't think that many are aware of this because of the "bill." I think we will be able to confirm by the S/N.
Should fetch around 70k-80k I think. Others feel free to correct me tho
I was trying to come up with a price but didn't seem fair. New "gaming" laptops with 1650 are available from 55k'ish now. Just need +8GB RAM and SSD.
70k is too high though imo.
I would highly recommend you NOT to buy anything through these FB vendors. Have bought myself a Processor, MoBo, CPU Cooler and NVMe SSD from two different sellers and haven't had a pleasant experience.

I'll make a detailed post in a few days.
Let me know the sellers' names please.

Doesn't matter.. both were verified sellers and one was the admin of the said groups, all of them are alike. I, like other people, ordered from them looking at so many rep posts by members, only to realize it later that negative feedback wouldn't ever make it through the admins themselves. :/

I'll stick to sellers with no questions asked return policy in future like Amazon or tpstech only.

Last edited:
Tpstech also sells on Amazon and has pretty good feedback there. On their site, they have better return policies than other vendors like vedant, md etc.

I haven't bought anything from them yet. Though planning to get a MoBo as the motherboard I have received is faulty and needs to be replaced so I am thinking of upgrading to a better mobo and will sell the rma'd one.
Which mobo?
Doesn't matter.. both were verified sellers and one was the admin of the said groups, all of them are alike. I, like other people, ordered from them looking at so many rep posts by members, only to realize it later that negative feedback wouldn't ever make it through the admins themselves. :/

I'll stick to sellers with no questions asked return policy in future like Amazon or tpstech only.
Still if you could put in a name, would help others.
I would highly recommend you NOT to buy anything through these FB vendors. Have bought myself a Processor, MoBo, CPU Cooler and NVMe SSD from two different sellers and haven't had a pleasant experience.

I'll make a detailed post in a few days.
I am also waiting.

I would highly recommend you NOT to buy anything through these FB vendors.

Nihar Jaiswal, presumably of Nihar Infotek in West Bengal. One of those sellers that posts photos of bare processors on trays in the 'old & new computer parts' group. Took full payment of a processor + shipping on Jan 18th and has yet to either ship or refund. These kind of sellers think they're selling onions or potatoes and have no actual knowledge about technology.

Strangely, he still hasn't blocked me on Whatsapp. Probably doesn't know how.

Nihar Jaiswal, presumably of Nihar Infotek in West Bengal. One of those sellers that posts photos of bare processors on trays in the 'old & new computer parts' group. Took full payment of a processor + shipping on Jan 18th and has yet to either ship or refund. These kind of sellers think they're selling onions or potatoes and have no actual knowledge about technology.

Afaik that guy isn't even a seller. He's been blocked in many groups and a well known scammer. He's scammed peiple for lakhs

We should probably start a thread or some other way to discuss how we can actually do something about scammers. I have a couple of them on whatsapp that I regularly harass and they just shrug me off since they know I cant do anything to them.

We should probably start a thread or some other way to discuss how we can actually do something about scammers. I have a couple of them on whatsapp that I regularly harass and they just shrug me off since they know I cant do anything to them.
Indian police, policy and cyber laws are not strong. And scammer would def have some contacts or other in his place, not much we can do.
Just see how many scammers going around taking money for oxygen ane medicine .

He's a well known scammer in those groups. There are even legal cases filed against him. You should have done a background check before transferring money.

this guy is legend for scamming ppl - he has scammed many of the FB PC groups ppl and still surviving. He is just a kid not even a college graduate. I got scammed last year while looking for a replacement of Intel X79 mobo and he is still telling me that he will ship the Asus Sabertooth X79 mobo to me but doesnt commit on date. He also changes his name/new phone no. just beware of him and his tactics.

I do have copy of his Aadhar, PAN and share them privately to the folks - Do have GST no which he has shared me but it might be fake also.

Follow up to this, something similar being sold in our own forum now. How is a brand new account allowed to post FS thread? I thought there were message and age restrictions for that

Follow up to this, something similar being sold in our own forum now. How is a brand new account allowed to post FS thread? I thought there were message and age restrictions for that
Account was created in 2016. This seems to be his first post (??) but has access to the market section (again ??).

Back