Tri-Band phone <= 5k

samatre

Disciple
Hi,

My basic requirements are :
1. Good display
2. GPRS
3. USB
4, Camera with flash (suitable for taking snaps at night)

Can members guide me with their recommendations please ?

all phones in India are Tri band/Quad band... and the phone falling in your price range would be Tri band..

Check up SE K510i, Moto W375

IceFusion said:
all phones in India are Tri band/Quad band... and the phone falling in your price range would be Tri band..

Check up SE K510i, Moto W375

Any Nokia models you would recommend ?. I am told that phones from Nokia have very good battery life.

SE phones hav very good battery life too..i too think k510 is a good choice..it has 1.3 mp cam and a very good screen..it doesnt have radio though..its for 5.2k or so...u can also try the k310 for 4k...it has a vga cam..

no nokia below 5k has a fairly decent cam like the k510..so i think k510 shud be the best buy in this range..

Thanks a lot Private Ryan and IceFusion for your valuable feedback !!.
I checked up the SE site for the model. There is a K510i but no K510. Are these
two different in any way. Btw K510 i looks very impressive and I am tempted to buy it !!

k510i and k510 are one and the same..:p...they put tht 'i' in all their product nomenclature..dont know what purpose it serves..:S many sites dont even mention the 'i'...:no:

I would second (or third) the K510i suggestion. You wont find any comparable nokia handsets at this price. The good models at about 5K are

K310i - 15MB, 0.3 MP camera, no bluetooth - About Rs 4K

K320i - Same as above but with bluetooth - About Rs 4.5K

K510i - 28MB, 1.3 MP camera and bluetooth (I think) - For Rs 5.5K I think..

Just go for the one which suits you. I have a K320i myself, and am quite happy with it :) But oh BTW I don't think you will find camera flash on any of these, sorry.

See these links -

Mobile-review.com Review of GSM-handset Sony Ericsson K320i

Sony Ericsson K510i review | Sony Ericsson K510i reviews by consumers | UK best buys

^^ Still dont get it..why does it need to add an 'i' to be phone for india?? :S Does it mean, there is any difference in quality or something else with pieces shipped to india?? :huh: I dont think it shud be for the specific indian bandwidth cos most phones today are tri or quadband..so tht negates the need to make the phones india specific when they cud be used anywhere in the world..:S Wot say? :S

Back