Windows Tried Windows 10 (it's awesome). Should i go for windows 11 on new PC?

Install Windows 10 or Windows 11on new PC?

Votes: 26 55.3%

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Futureized

Skilled
Tried windows 10 after windows 7 and found 10 extremely better.

Now my new pc will support windows 11, should i switch to windows 11?

In short if windows 11 is better then Windows 10?

Thanks

Neither has an edge over the other in terms of functionality/features. I personally would try (not a must) to use Win11 if using 12/13th gen Intel CPU only. Otherwise Win10 is solid and offers no less of an experience than Win11 not to mention less bugs.

Mentioned countless time here...Win 10..rock stable yet with minor issues but Safe!
Win11...kiddish, buggy, unreliable! Still a year to get stable!

Last edited:
My vote goes to 11, because transitioning from Windows 7 to a newer operating system would undoubtedly take some time. So why not get to know the newer one? It performs even better in some apps/games not to mention the full implementation of newer APIs such as Direct Storage.

How and where should i download fresh proper windows 10 and windows 11 OS installers from? And mount to pen drive.

i have legit windows 10 key shall buy 11 tomorrow.

Windows 11 is fine. The stability/reliability of Windows 10 over 11 is exaggerated. The updates since the launch have ironed out most of the issues.

Just use your Windows 10 key while doing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. It should accept it and later your PC will be assigned a Windows 11 digital license when it connects to the internet.

Last edited:
How and where should i download fresh proper windows 10 and windows 11 OS installers from? And mount to pen drive.

Download using official Microsoft website or via media creation utility from Microsoft. Best not to use third party installers.

Windows 10 key works for 11, no need to buy a new one.

Depends on the cpu you are running. Windows 11 is the only choice for Intel 12th/13th gen CPUs and Ryzen 7000 CPUs.

For older CPUs, 10 is fine and probably the preferred option.

Depends on the cpu you are running. Windows 11 is the only choice for Intel 12th/13th gen CPUs and Ryzen 7000 CPUs.

For older CPUs, 10 is fine and probably the preferred option.
This should be my configuration :
Processor Intel Core i5-12400F 12th Gen Alder Lake 6-Core 2.5 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop Processor BX8071512400F TlgGaming 14999

Motherboard Gigabyte H610M S2 DDR4 Intel B610 Motherboard Elitehubs 6000

OR

Motherboard Gigabyte b660 gaming x ddr4 Intel motherboard Elitehubs 9739

Graphic Card SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 6600 Gaming 8GB GDDR6 Elitehubs 23799

Memory (RAM) ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB (16GBX1) DDR4 3200MHz The ITDepot 4130

Additional Memory (RAM) ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB (16GBX1) DDR4 3200MHz The ITDepot 4130

Hard disk drive (HDD)
Solid State Disk (SSD) Western Digital Blue SN570 500GB M.2 NVMe Internal SSD (WDS500G3B0C) TlgGaming 3599
Download using official Microsoft website or via media creation utility from Microsoft. Best not to use third party installers.

Windows 10 key works for 11, no need to buy a new one.
Request to guide here on exact url please.
Windows 11 is fine. The stability/reliability of Windows 10 over 11 is exaggerated. The updates since the launch have ironed out most of the issues.

Just use your Windows 10 key while doing a clean install of Windows 11 from a USB drive. It should accept it and later your PC will be assigned a Windows 11 digital license when it connects to the internet.
Should i remove windows 10 first from Microsoft servers?
It was registered listed on some page for my old pc

Windows 11 is the only choice for Intel 12th/13th gen CPUs and Ryzen 7000 CPUs.
No, this is simply not true. AMD made it clear Win10 can be used with 7000 series CPU without issues. Win11 has no "optimizations" for those CPUs at all since the CPUs are still based on same zen architecture with all performance cores and no efficiency cores. In fact, recently Win11 22H2 is not playing good with 7000 series CPU and has huge performance deltas when compared to Win10.

Coming to Intel, there are some changes to CPU scheduler in Win11 to assign background tasks to E-cores when needed and P-cores when app is in foreground. That said it's also not a deal breaker if you use Win10 it'll still work just fine and Win11 is not the "only choice" but a better term would be "preferred choice". Check out some gaming benchmarks.

Should i remove windows 10 first from Microsoft servers?
It was registered listed on some page for my old pc
If you mean that you have already used the key on another PC, then it may or may not be transferable to a new PC based on the license type (OEM, Retail etc).

Try the following steps,
  1. On the PC in which your key is activated currently, login with your Microsoft account. The key will become a digital license linked to your account.
  2. Now on the new PC, when doing a clean install from a USB, use the same key. After installation, login with your microsoft account.
  3. If Windows shows an activation error, choose the troubleshoot option and it should ask you if you want to transfer the license to the new PC. This method can also be used to reactivate if you make a major change to your existing PC like changing the motherboard etc.

My old pc running windows 10 is completely dead. Hence bought new equipments
If you mean that you have already used the key on another PC, then it may or may not be transferable to a new PC based on the license type (OEM, Retail etc).

Try the following steps,
  1. On the PC in which your key is activated currently, login with your Microsoft account. The key will become a digital license linked to your account.
  2. Now on the new PC, when doing a clean install from a USB, use the same key. After installation, login with your microsoft account.
  3. If Windows shows an activation error, choose the troubleshoot option and it should ask you if you want to transfer the license to the new PC. This method can also be used to reactivate if you make a major change to your existing PC like changing the motherboard etc.
I guess i will purchase a SEPERATE Windows 11 key.
I saw somewhere on ms servers, my existing windows 10 license activated..
It had an option to remove/unlink that pc as well..

I switched from 10 to 11 in the first week it was out. Immediately felt like the laptop was stuttering when opening the start menu. There were some random explorer bugs and some animations were really janky so had disabled those. While browsing through firefox, the laptop fans were getting quite loud (which they didn't before).

After a week of dealing with this, I completely re-installed Windows 11 and reset everything on a weekend.
That greatly improved the loading times and the stuttering issues were gone. Firefox and general pieces of software were also behaving normally although the bugs remained of course.
I would say that if you do go to 11, I would personally reset the PC and install from scratch to reduce some headaches.

I did switch back to 10 though a month later because I just could not get used to the right click menus, though that's just personal preference.
Everyone will have to switch to 11 sooner or later. Me personally, I'll upgrade once they end support for 10.

I am using Windows 11 as a daily driver. Almost the same as 10. Hate a few things like the right-click menu and so. But for the most part, it's fine. Never had any major bugs or crashes. The updates are sometimes sketchy but that's a Microsoft thing rather than 11.
Can easily recommend it. Avoid the beta versions, stick to the main releases and you will be fine.

I would wait for an year before upgrading
Windows 10 works well and complete OS
Win 11 still has issues and missing features.
and its more like a work in progress thing.
I do not think u are missing a lot with WIn 10
and also Linux dualboot without secure boot is great!

Back