Trip to Rajasthan - Suggestions needed.

red_devil

Disciple
A few of us are planning on a trip to Rajasthan in August. Train Tickets haven't been booked yet btw :p

The current plan is to reach Jodhpur by train (on some day) and then head out to Jaisalmer --> Bikaner --> pushkar --> ajmer --> jaipur

Is this plan feasible? I mean is this the right way around Rajasthan? and how to get around Rajasthan -- trains, buses?
Any and every suggestion to refine this crude plan totally welcome :hap2:

PS: since the ticks haven't been booked yet, we might even drop the plan. apna koi bharosa nahin ;)

Its still gonna be hot there and if you arent from northern part of india then you may have to endure a lot . Best time to visit rajasthan is 2nd week of feb to 1st of april and sept-nov ,anytime before or after its either too hot or too cold.Yup your route plan seems ok,avoid buses unless its a volvo,better stick to trains.

Hmm...heat i guess we'll have to adjust :p

btw is Mt Abu a must visit place? and how much time do you think will be needed to cover every city?

And any other place(s) that are must visits?

While In Jaipur U Shd Visit:

1) Aamer Fort

2) Jaigarh Fort

3) City Palace

4) Nahargarh Fort

Hawa Mahal is no big deal really.

if u got time.. visit the place. U can skip it too.

Jal Mahal wont be worth the pain either. Kinda sure there wont be any Jal this season.

These two if u got time.. then u can.. pref to Jal Mahal ofcource.

MUST Visit A decent Place to visit for Real Hospitality and Tradition wd be Chokhi Dhaani. And i tell ppl to keep everything aside for this place. Trip is incomplete w/o this.

Its a retreat designed to resemble Rajasthan of old time

I wd suggest u visit this twice if u can.. else go there at dusk. U wont regret the trip.

Near the Nahargarh fort i believe there is this place Kanak Ghaati

If u got family with u and esp kids.. u can take a look at it as well.

The Cinema Hall Raj Mandir is past its Glory after the modernization else wd have suggested that as well as a must see.

If u plan to watch a movie.. no other place than Raj Mandir.

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

btw, currently we're planning to start from B'lore on 9th aug {assuming we get the tickets} and i guess the train reaches Jodhpur on 11th and then we're planning to leave from Jaipur on 17th {again subject to ticket availability}

Now how what would be the best plan to fit as many places as possible within this schedule?

and based on what Spacescreamer has said, I guess Jaipur itself will need 2 days.

So please suggest a schedule considering the time constraints.

red_devil said:
Hmm...heat i guess we'll have to adjust :p

btw is Mt Abu a must visit place? and how much time do you think will be needed to cover every city?

And any other place(s) that are must visits?

avoid mt abu..its only a weekend getaway

^ yeah thats what I thought.

So Jodhpur -> Jaisalmer --> Bikaner --> pushkar --> ajmer --> jaipur

Where do I fit in Udaipur? {and How about chucking out Pushkar and Ajmer?}

red_devil said:
^ yeah thats what I thought.

So Jodhpur -> Jaisalmer --> Bikaner --> pushkar --> ajmer --> jaipur

Where do I fit in Udaipur? {and How about chucking out Pushkar and Ajmer?}

Will Pushkar you should visit. and you can just visit the dargah in ajmer. its very famous. it would take 1hr max. then you can leave for jaipur

Back