PC Peripherals Trouble Shooting my PC Problem

I got a problem with my Computer
1)It startsup (if after long delay of being switched off) and reaches TPower Bootup Screen and goes off with a bang. nothing on screen, (no signal i guess, its exactly at this point Graphics card comes in pic)
2)After that i can see only fans rotating, and its speed is varying (like in voltage fluctuation).

If i restart the Computer after it will be like in state 2) . (unless i want for 1 Hour+ then it will be in state 1) )

This motherboard has facility to display error code, but no code is displayed, LED for code is blank.
I guess MB cant switch on due to SMPS problem

MB : Biostar I45
SMPS : Crosair VX 450 (bought in 2009 , still in warranty i guess)
Graphics Card: ATI 4770
Ram : Crosiar 4 GB one .
Processor : Core 2 Duo

Have you tried to isolate which device is causing the problem?
Remove or disconnect everything like graphics card, odd, and extra hdd.
Keep only ram and try to boot.

If no error, add gfx card and try. When you get the error it means last hardware you added is not letting your pc boot.

Have you tried to isolate which device is causing the problem?
Remove or disconnect everything like graphics card, odd, and extra hdd.
Keep only ram and try to boot.

If no error, add gfx card and try. When you get the error it means last hardware you added is not letting your pc boot.
1) Disconected all HDD /DVDD etc and tried starting -- no difference.
2) Tried starting the SMPS alone by shoring the pins (Simulating ATX board) -- fan rotates and then stops.

yet to try disconecting gfx card, as no onboard display on MB.

1) Disconected all HDD /DVDD etc and tried starting -- no difference.
2) Tried starting the SMPS alone by shoring the pins (Simulating ATX board) -- fan rotates and then stops.

yet to try disconecting gfx card, as no onboard display on MB.

I think you found the issue .. the PSU should run continiously with the above method .. just attach a cabinet fan with the PSu ( molex connector )and run the above test again .. if the fan rotates and then stops again send the psu for rma.

@blackprince Connect a dead load to the smps. If there is no load on the SMPS it might start and then just stop.
A dead motherborad or HDD can be used as dead loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
You ware right,
i didnt try shorting this time,
i connected MB and dead DVD drive, it stopped after few seconds,
this continued until i connected gfx card, i guess MB had check for gfx card (no on board gfx on MB).
once i connected gfx card the behavior was like in step 1)

Didn't you hear error beeps from comp while bios was checking components? Usually if ram or gfx card fails you hear beeps pointing to the issue.

Back