PC Peripherals Troubleshooting Help

Hi,

i am facing a unique problem, you can find my config in my signature.

my PC is entering a restart loop, some times it just dont boot up if deep into restart loop, just the light blinks, some sort of limbo state . what i noticed is it dont run the hard disk or open DVD bay during that time. i tried rebooting with ram removed , but i didn't get any beep sound.
The restart doesn't occur in particular time, , longer i leave the computer in shutdown state, longer it will work, if i leave it overnight shutdown, it will work for 1-2 hours.

I may not have described the problem exactly,
i am rite now confused it could be a motherboard problem or PSU problem,
Please help me with the pointers to get to root cause.

Is it just a restart or you also get BSOD. Any memory dumps created..? Also what OS are you on. For starters..

1. Reset the CMOS once.

2. Try with one DIMM at a time, alternate to isolate.

3. Re-do the connectors once. Pull them out, blow a couple of times on the slots place back the wire/component. (Not for the CPU dock though).

If you getting any memory dumps, post them to a shared location can check them out. Let us know.

Best.

Its an old machine

at my native which i use on vocation , but my cousins use it in bewteen.

i see the problem now , for last 2 days

i used it at nov 15 last, then i didn't had the issue.

1) I had reset the bios once, i had bit overclocked ram, but now removed it, should i be flashing cmos? (i use AHCI as IDE sata was having issue)

2) yet to try

3) i have redone connects to MB, gfx card and hardisks .

There are no BSOD

its pain reboot, i dont think there are dumps too , yet to verify it. (Windows 7 was not checking for solution for unknown problem)

Could this be a PSU issue?

i have warranty for borh MB and PSU.

I think i solved it ..

It was a weird thing , still not sure is it the exact issue.

It went like this,

restart got so frequent and i got frustrated and switched off the machine

and i was using same comp table to operate the laptop.

suddenly i heard lot of spark from spike buster, it continued and one time circuit breaker went off

i opened the spike to see a dead lizard shorting earth and mains.

neither spike fuse or ups fuse went off

After removing lizard, i didn't face the issue, could this be the root cause?

Back