Audio True Wireless (TWS) Earphones / Earbuds - What is your opinion about them?

I actually think the mw600 and it's bundled earphones are pretty good. Yeah the volume slider is the stupidest implementation ever. Didn't they test it before putting into production?

My friend had a Jabra one. Don't remember the model number but it was the one that looked like military dog tags.

That one had the most insane noise cancellation (this was like a decade earlier lol). He wore it outside his shirt but inside a sweatshirt/light jacket. Then had a helmet on. And was riding at 80+. And i could hear him crystal clear with ZERO BACKGROUND NOISE!!! I still can't believe it.
Every Nokia BT I've seen actually transmits more background noise than the wearer. Worst noise reduction ever.

Hey anyone remember Dolby NR in our cassette decks?

Yes, I do remember this Dolby NR. First time I noticed this feature on my late 90's Sony 3 CD changer model no MHC GR66 to be exact.
those Sony music systems were all manufactured in Malaysia with some great quality components inside.
This Dolby NR feature just reduces that cassette hiss but I felt like it just spoiled the naturalness or openness of the sound.

Noise cancellation is ok if we want to use it in some really noisy environment but not worth to restrict the ambient sounds.
when turned on this feature, music feels like artificial such as singer is in some vaccuum chamber.

Yes, I do remember this Dolby NR. First time I noticed this feature on my late 90's Sony 3 CD changer model no MHC GR66 to be exact.
those Sony music systems were all manufactured in Malaysia with some great quality components inside.
This Dolby NR feature just reduces that cassette hiss but I felt like it just spoiled the naturalness or openness of the sound.
Yes it certainly made improvements in some songs and not so in others. Which is why (thank God) it was a switchable option!

We pay more for the thing being wireless than the sound. If you need good sound + wireless then pay more. Then we have battery charging nuisance. I just stay away. Can deal with cables ;)

Connecting good quality headphones to any bluetooth receiver is a huge disappointment. Hence, I prefer to use them wired-only compared to TWS when on the move.

Check out Radsone ES100. It has great reviews everywhere. Also some nice audiophile grade DAC/AMPS also come with bluetooth connectivity options now and they are easily capable of driving even the most demanding headphones.

TWS have some very specific use cases where the excel in my opinion. If you are commuting via public transport then having no wires is a great boon. They are amazing for working out as well.

Other than that there are better form factors. For example, if you want something for home usage with phones/laptops then a wireless headphone with ~30 hours of battery life would not only be more convenient but will offer a much better battery lifespan (less battery recharge cycles).
If you want something audiophile grade then there are better options in the wired range.

And for majority of people, the earphones that they already have is good enough and do not warrant an upgrade.

Someone is facing issues with this brand and this specific model, let's hope it serves you good for may be 1-2 years more.
ptron customer support..
Yes no problem for me so far using it since jan wrt to connectivity and sound and if 999 tws lasts for around a year i think that is value for money for me atleast :)
Although i understand since it not that big a brand like boat so many people would be facing issues

TWS are really good if you go to gym or do other activities which requires you to move or run a lot, otherwise I don't see any positive side about them.
As you can get a better neckband with better battery and sound for cheaper.
I don't use noise suppression so can't comment with respect to that.

Back in 2017, my Redmi 2 prime's earphone jack went bust, so I bought a generic bluetooth adapter to listen to songs. Sure, there was a drop in audio quality but hay that was still better than the phone speakers.

I was able to use it for 1 year until it literally started to fall apart, the battery started swelling and the power button broke (all within 3 days, fml). I then bought Mi A1. That's when I realized the freedom of movement which bluetooth audio provides.

Then I got KZ ED16 (supposedly ZS7) and the bluetooth cable. Was unfortunate to get the ones with terrible range, like anything > 2.5 feet and audio would break and stutter, and worse was it required a "line-of-sight" to function properly. The phone would have to be in my shirt pocket to get decent connection, if phone was in my pants the connection would break lol. So got Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT headphones later. Has the signature sennheiser dark sound which, coming from decently bright and airy ED16 was not as enjoyable (the HD 4.40 has surprisingly good sound stage tho).

My brother and mother were gifted TWS (brother got crossbeats urban and mother got boats airdopes 441). They use it mainly for online meeting and aren't much concerned with sound quality. I gave my brother my Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT headphones, he loves them now lol. My IEMs doesn't fit him or my mother well, so they can't really appreciate the audio. My brother complains that there is no bass and it sounds hollow lol.

Not to be a downer but I'm prettttyyyy sure the bt pods batteries are gonna swell well within 3 years. Truth is they are designed to be disposable, which IMO is a huge crime. The convenience is there but at cost of environment.

I was using IEMs for quite some time. In hindsight, I think I had a great evolution sort of except one IEMs. I started with Creative EP630 (I remember when I stepped out of shop on Lemington road, a stranger guy looked at box in my hand and excitedly congratulated me saying 'yeh bahot acha he' - 'this is very good' :p), then moved to Sound Magic PL11 (got this twice), Tekfusion Twinwoofers (most terrible ones), Brainwavz M1 (possibly best one I used so far) and VSonic GR02 Bass Edition.

Somehow, (may be with age ?), discomfort grew with IEMs. I had to stop using them and found Apple's EarPods fitting perfectly. I was using them for good time but after-a-while started to look for BT earphones with EarPods like shape. I landed on JBL Tune 205BT, bought it and same time - about 2 years ago, received AirPods as gift. Initially, I was very hesitant to wear them outside of office and home, but over the time I now use them all time. Convenience is kinda best possible. Battery life is not worrisome for my usage. With the advent of streaming, I have now completely switched to online music platform - no songs on device. Combining all these aspects, I am comfortably placed with TWS. Sometimes, I do use wired EarPods but that's only when I am out of battery on my AirPods.

Reading few threads here, at times I feel being back to something like Brainwavz M1 and cherish good old days !
could you elaborate on jbl tune 205BT? i had my eyes on them for a while

Are there any tws that do noise cancelling reasonably well. I have a pair of Jabra elite 65t and my brother has Jabra elite active 75t. For something that costs 11k, the noise cancellation is terrible. In fact, it is non-existent. For noise cancellation, I noticed zero difference between 65t and 75t. If 11k cant buy decent anc, it is just sad. I would like the anc to just cut out the fan noise. Not cutting human voices is fine. 75t just didnt cut it (pun intended). Anyone has experience with buds with decent anc?

Ideal budget is around 10-12k.

If you're after strong ANC there are 2 options and none is TWS
1. 1000xm3 sounds terrible but nice ANC
2. Passive NC: Any Ety with triple flange (isolates very well, and sounds great)

What I hate about tws headphones is the fact after year or two the battery dies and even if the headphones are in great working condition has great sound quality, there is nothing much you can do about it as the battery no longer holds the charge, I have two tws headsets lying around I dont use them because battery holds the power for merely 15, 20 minutes, I though ill replace the battery with some diy tricks, but as Aliexpress is no longer delivering products to India, there is no way to procure those batteries here.

If you're after strong ANC there are 2 options and none is TWS
1. 1000xm3 sounds terrible but nice ANC
2. Passive NC: Any Ety with triple flange (isolates very well, and sounds great)
I need one for podcasts, calls and audiobooks. So bad sound quality isnt an issue. Buds that go very deep arent very comfortable for me so will definitely try the xm3. I can get them used for 9k. So, definitely worth a try.

Back